Thread: Hardy, AR Feud Subject of New Discovery Ch Series

Default Hardy, AR Feud Subject of New Discovery Ch Series

From Hollywood Reporter:

"The six-episode show, debuting Feb. 25, is set in the town of Hardy, Ark., which is described as something right out of the Wild West.

Discovery Channel is headed deep in the Ozark Mountains of northern Arkansas.
    The six-part show is set in the town of Hardy, which is described as something right out of the Wild West. According to Discovery, "This lack of progression has turned Hardy into a land where emotions and territory conflicts outweigh a law-abiding society as the townspeople fight to protect what is theirs." There, two local families are locked in a feud that dates back many generations."

More from the release...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-ozarks-679138
    Remember to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and if you hate yourself then please, just leave your neighbor alone. ~Jon Stewart

Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you.

The fact that you can't sell your daughter for three goats and a cow means we've already redefined marriage.

The people spoke. Move on. Get on with it. I want to do other things and not to be ugly. They're going to have to compromise. It's not a dirty word. ~Barbara Bush on Barack Obama's re-election.

Thumbs down

I love the little town of Hardy. I have no doubt that this stupid show will screw it up.

"I'm totally pro-choice in the matter of abortion. But of course I'm also so radically pro-life that I think every person from birth onward must have full and affordable access to healthcare." ~ Gail Collins

Public Notice: I am NOT related to any of these folk!
    (but apparently, both of those family names had some civil war-dodging ancestors that moved to the Ozarks)

Since the hiway bypassed Hardy a couple years ago, they probably would enjoy any attention they get.
    Looking for the misplaced jewels in the lint-filled pockets of society.