List O' the Week, 11/8/13

Thread: List O' the Week, 11/8/13

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

Default List O' the Week, 11/8/13

This is what Iíve collected on requests for the List Oí the Week:

• 3 previous years and the (posted) YTD

• The contract between the CAPC and whomever is promoting and producing the B.B. King concert

• Detail on financial support to the Downtown Network

• My request: Trial Balance as of 10/31/11, 10/31/12, 10/31/13

• My request: List of recipients of funding for 2013 and the amounts awarded

My general questions: How are festival income & expense and past due taxes accounted for? What was the new thing that caused a 200-300% cost over budget in the Group Courtship category?

Iím not ignoring the requests for pro forma and Folk Festival detail and I wonít forget. As I mentioned on another thread, I think it would be better to look at Folk Festival at the end of November, i.e. when all the bills have probably come in, and pro forma after the end of the fiscal year. As I understand the system, the budget has to be voted on by February 1, so I would expect pro forma to appear in January.

Please post here if Iíve missed anything.

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

And here it is:

3 previous years and the (posted) YTD

The contract between the CAPC and whomever is promoting and producing the B.B. King concert

Here: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/BBKing_contract.pdf

Detail on financial support to the Downtown Network

Per Rick (Finance Director) -Downtown Network does not get any funding from us other than marketing support, and they don't use those funds after they are approved.

My request: Trial Balance as of 10/31/11, 10/31/12, 10/31/13

Summary here: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/trial_balance_1031_3y.pdf

It's late and I've been staring at a computer for about 12 hours. You may want to check my work. Here are the details that went into the summary:

2011 - 2012 - 2013

My request: List of recipients of funding for 2013 and the amounts awarded

Here: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/marketi...port_funds.pdf

My general questions: How are festival income & expense and past due taxes accounted for?
    Festival income and expense is accounted for by line item (e.g. "May Fest"). Past due taxes are recorded in the month they are received, not the month they were originally due. This is because auditors do not allow entries to be made in prior periods once the books are closed for the month.

What was the new thing that caused a 200-300% cost over budget in the Group Courtship category?
    The budget overages are on line items, not the overall budget. Group travel is budgeted as $60,000 per year and line items may vary within the category.

---

OK. That's it. I'm going home !
    Last edited by Kim Yonkee; 11-13-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: correcting broken links

Here's what I garnered from a brief look-see:

Pretty sure the guidelines say the CAPC only funds an event for a max of 3 years, after which it's assumed the event should be able to fund itself without underwriting. I remember Jim Williams griping about Feat Fest & this was one clause then invoked.
    celeste

Cherish home and family as a special treasure.

P.S. Looks like group travel without the salary it 'requires' costs just under 94K a year. I don't think group travel has brought in that much in taxes in a coon's age.
    celeste

Outstanding body of information Kim. If you need a job as a credit analyst, let me know.
    I hope folks will take the time to digest this.

Sent from my Dick Tracy, two-way, wrist radio.
    "Ride On"

Thanks Max. I need another job. I have the hours of midnight to 1:45 a.m. available.

I've uploaded a corrected trial balance comparison. It's linked in the post above and here: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/trial_balance_1031_3y.pdf

In the original version, I had the BB King tickets marked in two places. They weren't added in twice but it was still a bit confusing.

If anyone wants to see what I'm talking about, this is the old, BAD, ignore me now, don't pass this around version: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/trial_b...31_3y-depr.pdf

Awesome beancounter detective work, Kim. Those are some mad skillz there. That $52,000 bonus line in the 2013 column really pops out there, dontcha think?

I know the CAPC took out a big loan to fund future ads. Looked to see if I could trace it. Depending on when the loan is due, the red line is probably greater. The expenses for two years of video production exceed 125K. WOW!
    celeste