WoodSongs

Thread: WoodSongs

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

Default WoodSongs

Here is the media kit for the WoodSongs show. Rags sent it to me when I asked where the cited $700,000 media value came from.

(Here: http://www.eurekaspringsindependent....p?StoryID=2289)

Somebody else has FOIA'd the WoodSongs contract. I'll post it when it's available.

Media Kit: http://www.geekfest.com/capc/WS_MASTER_Ky.pdf

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

And here's the additional detail, including the contract, costs and ticket sales:

http://www.geekfest.com/capc/ws_foia-detail.pdf

Good info! Thank you Kim.

Kim,

I attended the WoodSong show and think it was my favorite show at THE Aud ever and I have been to some of the bigger shows. All the kids in the bands made it so special. Those Clark girls were simply adorable.

Thank you for posting the information. You asked for more questions. Hope you can help get the answers.

How much was budgeted and how much was lost or made on the Folk Festival this year and last year?

How many Barefoot Ball tickets were sold or given away and how much did it cost to do, both this year and last year?

How many tickets were sold or given away to the big shows they had in THE Aud for the Folk Festival, both this year and last year, and how much did the shows cost?

How much did it cost to produce the Queen Contest both this year and last year?

How much did it cost to produce the Songwriter Contest both this year and last year?

How much did it cost to produce the Parade both this year and last year?

Did anyone get paid to help run the Folk Festival this year or last year? If so how much were they paid?

Is it true that they were going to cancel the Queen Contest? How dare they try to kill off such a grand tradition! Shame on whoever wanted to do so, and thanks to Michelle MacDonald for saving the day!

Thanks,

Ruth

[--snip--]

i would like to see a detailed WoodSongs project budget that's all in. All of the costs incurred by the CAPC in regards to WoodSongs, including crew meals, ad agency fees, poster printing and distribution cost, etc. Of course an all in, net-net-net income statement is also necessary to arrive at the final monetary cost. What will not appear on a financial worksheet is the value of CAPC employee hours invested in WoodSongs, value of donating The Aud, etc.

Also missing will be an "opportunities lost" figure. What other opportunities for the Folk Festival were not pursued in favor of WoodSongs. You can not put on hard number on that, but it is a consideration.

I would also also like to see the contract between the CAPC and whomever is promoting and producing the B.B. King concert.
    Last edited by Kim Yonkee; 11-07-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Some editorializing removed. Let's see what's on the books before we speculate.