You do not have permission... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You do not have permission...

Quote Originally Posted by IamGaylaK View Post
    Taxman, I don't understand how you can be a lurker when you have 1496 (give or take a few) more post then me? I don't have those problems.... It looks like Tom Rowe had the same problems last month and it worked itself out? So is it still being weird? I got the greeny, thanks!
    Still getting the "lurker" error.

It is simple to understand. I got put into the Lurker user group despite my fairly regular postings and the auto-restore feature isn't working. I'd state a theory as to why and how this has happened but don't want to be accused as being some crazed conspiracy theorist. Kim is aware there is a problem since she tested the feature in an earlier post on this thread so hopefully some week soon she will get me back to my profile, PMs and other features I have been declined access to.

I get the same thing, but for me I get the message when I try to use the search bar. t makes me sad because I really want to use Geekfest.

Still getting the lurker message. Searches, PMs, profiles and more are all off limits.

I fear Kim must have been kidnapped by other lurkers since it should take her less than a minute to fix this.
    Last edited by TaxMan; 04-05-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Holiday Island where it is prim and proper

Quote Originally Posted by TaxMan View Post
    Still getting the lurker message. Searches, PMs, profiles and more are all off limits.

I fear Kim must have been kidnapped by other lurkers since it should take her less than a minute to fix this.
    Well I did what I could to help you out, now the only other thing I know to tell you is keep posting and keep trying. Even if it is just a . to bump something up, what does . mean anyway? Good luck
    “It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means.”
    Charles Kingsley

A month later...

Sadly, posting still doesn't remove the lurker status.

It isn't my computer, as I have tried logging in from other computers and I get the same results.

vBulletin Message

TaxMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

well I see turning it off and on again hasn't fixed the issue you are having. It seems like continue postings helped others so I don't understand why you are having such problems (did I miss something, like did you really piss someone off?). I passed on your info in hopes you could get out of your predicament and I can only guess if it helped or not. I wish I knew how to help you Mr. Man......
    “It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means.”
    Charles Kingsley

So Mr Man, maybe if you keep posting it will pull you out of lurker status! give it a try, even if you have nothing to add, put the . down (still not sure what that means when people do that).
    And if that still does not work then maybe you should just rejoin with a new name.
    I have checked on another friends status and she has been sent to lurker purgatory as well, so it’s not just you. I have asked her why she stopped and she told me flat out that she never really liked this board and didn’t really want to join (she did at my poking). Not for her she said, so my reply is "ok then go back to your facebook and I will stay here and we will meet in between!" (like real life).
    Good luck to you!
    Charles Kingsley

I get the same message when I try to do a search. Very frustrating.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did anyone come up with a solution? If so, I hope they will post it.