You do not have permission...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You do not have permission...

Default You do not have permission...

I am getting this message when trying to access my profile or send PMs.

TaxMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home
    Last edited by TaxMan; 03-11-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Holiday Island where it is prim and proper

But yet you can still post? hmmmm

Is being a lurker bad? I don't understand the message. Maybe you haven't logged on for a while? since when did lurking become bad......
    (damn I am never gonna hit that 1000 post, am I?)

Yes I can still post but I am till getting the message when I try to open my profile or send PMs.

Another weird issue is I can click settings and see reputation comments, but no longer see who left them.

Come to think of it I had better get a screen shot of that page too when someone claims it is all a figment of my imagination.

Still getting the same error. I would send someone a PM but guess what I get when I try?

TaxMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

so are you still getting the weird messages?

Yes, I am. Thanks for asking.

vBulletin Message

1. You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am getting the same thing, but then, I am mostly a lurker. I have never been on a forum before that penalized lurkers. Why are they discouraged here?

wow this is crazy, I AM a lurker and I am not getting anything like that. I post in spurts maybe that is it? I do know powers to be are a bit busy nowdays and hopefully she will come along and help you out!

Taxman, I don't understand how you can be a lurker when you have 1496 (give or take a few) more post then me? I don't have those problems.... It looks like Tom Rowe had the same problems last month and it worked itself out? So is it still being weird? I got the greeny, thanks!