Test
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test

Default Test

Making sure that a new post restores permissions to lurkers.

You might want to retest the restore feature, as I keep getting the "lurker" message. I can't access profiles or send PMs, always getting this message:

vBulletin Message

TaxMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Holiday Island where it is prim and proper

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TaxMan View Post
    You might want to retest the restore feature, as I keep getting the "lurker" message. I can't access profiles or send PMs, always getting this message:

vBulletin Message

TaxMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How's it working out for you, is it fixed yet? in the mean time have you tried .......

just to give you a chuckle.....

wow your not crazy! I went to your profile to send you a test pm and guess what? no send you a message option! yep, not there. So I can't send you a PM either...... hummmmm and when I click on your name, no send message option either! but yet you can give a greenie and I can send you one......
    strange indeed.....

have you tried turning it off and on again? (sorry couldn't help it)....

so how's it going today Mr. Man? are you still regulated to the corner? I tried something earlier to see if that helped, but alas no.....

I have the same problem. Getting the exact same messages as Taxman whenever I click on my handle, or click on "general settings". My first thought was that maybe I'm in the "doghouse" for some reason, although I can't remember anything that I've posted that would be offensive to anyone. But maybe it's just a glitch that will work itself out in time. I mostly just lurk, often without signing in, but I didn't know that was considered a bad thing. I live here in Eureka, so I like to keep abreast of the news and goings-on here on a daily basis, especially the weather and event-weekends, restaurant openings, classifieds, and so on. I'm just not into arguing and getting into confrontations, so I lay low and rarely post. But I do observe, listen, and learn. I have to admit that I'm a little confused by the "you might be a lurker" message I keep getting. I really didn't know that this was a bad thing, unless someone was a bot, which clearly I am not. Oh well... sei la vie.

Well, after posting the above, it seems that my privelages have been automatically restored. I can now access my profile, and go to my settings, etc. I don't know how I got relegated to the "lurker" category to begin with, as I remember posting something a few months back, so it's not as though I had been inactive for several years. At any rate, I just wanted to mention that things are back to normal, as far as my membership here goes. :-)

This is what I just got...

You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And after posting the above message, I still get this:

You could be a lurker. If you post and participate in the forum again, your permissions will be automatically restored.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Still getting the lurker message. Would someone please send Kim a PM and ask her to please get me out of lurker purgatory?