Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powell Hardware in Holiday Island

Default Powell Hardware in Holiday Island

They're here and they're good. Stocked way better than their demographic would dictate. Which makes me a little nervous because it's so good for me having them here. Please check them out. Their prices are more reasonable than you're accustomed to. They're open Saturday afternoon and on Sunday. They rent tools, they take your UPS packages. I can buy my chicken feed there instead of in Berryville. They sell Valspar paint which is at least as good as Ben Moore at a fraction of the price. They're owned by the Powell feed people so you can get more animal products there than at a regular hardware store. I can buy Frontline there, for example. At least check them out. Some Sunday afternoon when you need one more widget.

We have bought stuff there quite a bit when we are at HI. I hope they are successful.

I'm working in the sun these days, and my straw hat had worn out. I bought a fashionable new straw hat at Powell's for $7.19. Similar hats retail at Walmart for $10.

our chicken and ducks thank you for letting us know about the Sunday hours!
    "Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people." Author: Unknown

Powell's is doing much better than it's predecessor at keeping needed items in stock and their hours are definitely more user friendly. The one thing I'm really glad they did not change was the phone number...253-0000, it's hard to locate in the area phone books but really easy to remember.

I've not used them but Tanner's over in GF just plain old rock. They know what you want and get it over here..... Free.....

Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post
    I've not used them but Tanner's over in GF just plain old rock. They know what you want and get it over here..... Free.....

I used to work at Tanner's about 4 years ago or so. They are awesome I love to browse the isles and let my imagination run wild and just make weird things (last time I made nun-chucks that screw together into a staff out of 3/4 inch pvc and fittings) Most of the time I go right to Powells right by st johns.

I`ve been to Powells in B-ville. I`m sure they get their stuff for all of their stores from the same place. China. 75% or so, of their stuff, I`d bet, because I`ve looked, comes from China. Sorry, but I DO NOT buy anything from China anymore. They own to much of our country now and have gotten to much of my $`s in the past. I look at everything new that I buy, which isn`t much, and if it says "Made in China", I don`t buy it. That`s just the way I am nowadays. Go ahead now and call me unamerican.
    Call 479-nine eight one-nine five eight zero.

I will not call you unamerican, or any other names, by the way, but say you have the choice, as we all do, to spend your money anywhere you want, for what ever reasons, as we are American, and Thankfully, it is our choice to do so.... for that I am appreciative!!!!!

Living close to HI, now, I my self have ventured in there for a few things, and the staff is friendly and helpful and they have what ever I wanted... i like the Sat and Sunday hours too....Odd for a hardware store to do that these day....

We were in there Sunday. I have been looking to buy mosquito dunks everywhere and had decided that I was going to have to buy them online. Just took a chance and looked to see if they had them and sure enough they did. I love this store also.