Another deadly Pit Bull attack with deadly results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another deadly Pit Bull attack with deadly results

Default Another deadly Pit Bull attack with deadly results

A loose pit bull killed a smaller dog over on Nova street today. This is the third attack in less than two weeks. The owner of the Pit Bull has had other dogs that he has let run loose for years. A friend of mine sold her home over there because of that plus the nasty rentals over there. If you watched last weeks council meeting Deb Stoup showed what a pit bull did to her small dacshund. This has got to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity inspector View Post
    A loose pit bull killed a smaller dog over on Nova street today. This is the third attack in less than two weeks. The owner of the Pit Bull has had other dogs that he has let run loose for years. A friend of mine sold her home over there because of that plus the nasty rentals over there. If you watched last weeks council meeting Deb Stoup showed what a pit bull did to her small dacshund. This has got to stop!
    I would agree with this, but please do not single out Pit Bulls only. No dog in a populated area should roam free regardless of known temper or size. One of my kids was attacked by a wienie-dog years ago and it required minor plastic surgery to fix the damage.
    Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.

Don't we have leash laws already in place here?

I agree, I am not picking on Pit Bulls. These attacks were by loose Pit Bulls. Any loose dog can be dangerous. I know that the group that spoke at the last council meeting are working on shoring up the existing ordinance. I think fines should be heavy and any vicious dog needs to go. This has been an accident waiting to happen. Pit Bulls were bred to be aggressive to other animals. It is in their genes. The Dog Whisperer has said only select people should own Pit Bulls. I agree. They can be the sweetest dogs, but they do need to be watched and restrained.

The dog is supposed to be under the control of the owner, so no technically, you can have your dog off-leash. I will do what I can to require all dogs be on leash at all times.

Yes, they do have leash laws. But there are lot of people who think this doesn't this means them. Our dogs on leashes were often attacked by loose dogs. The owners always tried to tell me their dogs are friendly. No dog is friendly when they are protecting their "territory"

Thank you James!

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Good move, James.

Several years ago in Texass, a friend's 2 year old son was killed by a pit bull that leaped over the fence and attacked him. I do not have a propensity to give pit bulls the benefit of the doubt - and I've known many friendly pit bulls. Having a child perish because someone could not contain their animals tends to make me not like humans at times, either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I'm not sure what the fines are, but they should have another look to see if they are prohibitive, with monies going to Animal Control.

I do know what you mean about pit bulls. I am biased because I owned one (rescue dog) long ago, and she was the sweetest dog ever. Wouldn't trust her alone with small children, but wouldn't do that with any dog. Lots of gang members/drug dealers in my 'hood used pit bulls for protecting their territory/businesses.
    Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.