Tribute to fellow Eurekans - Page 31
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Tribute to fellow Eurekans

You ain't never packed your bags, Deb. Stand up, stand down, question, affirm, fight, make peace, speak your mind, silently hurt you have never taken your ball and run away or to be fair, had a reason you had to go. Like so many mentioned in this thread, I am pretty sure your aspirations, your blood, sweat and tears and all your good works will remain right here to the end. Let me tell you what I never told so many mentioned here, I love you my friend and fellow traveler. I am so grateful for the ones that I did. It is indeed a long, strange trip.... if only the kids knew lol, my biggest regret is that we are not leaving our community or world better than we found it.
    Last edited by akerue; 11-01-2017 at 09:57 PM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

It's like some of us are watching each other slide into home base in slow motion. I'm glad that you keep this thread going, Sir William and the news reel keeps clicking along.

For those of us still playing t-ball, I just read something that our dear Shuggie wrote on the FB:
    "Shuggie :I'm honored and ole Hospice has for me now after this last week+ days with that crew. BUT I intend to get better than I am pressently. Craving Carrot Cake, so life is for living, ehh"

The ol' gorl still has "it" just like the rest of us. Ain't life grand?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Me and Mother Mary love you Shuggie. May it rain carrot cake.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Oh My saddened heart ~ have just stumbled upon & re read all 31 pages started back in 2010 ~ missing Patt Milam ~ JET (Jeff Thacht), Pat & Louise Mesa, Jan Echols, Gary Galloway, Pat Griffith, who have passed in that duration & I am sure I will remember others.
    Some I failed to find on this ongoing list are : Art Hatcher, Cindy Barnes ( Louise and Pat Mesa's Daughter), "Millie" of High Hat fame , Bea Tiedeman, Tex Belt, Coyote, Charles Gay, Pat Carmichael, ...
    Sigh, let's take care of and love one another !
    Sincerely Chou

Thanks for the addition of the fellow Eurekans Chou. One of my original ideas years back was to do a memorial book with pictures bio/etc but as my fellow Eurekans keep dropping off like flies... its overwhelming to think of doing it. I may do a memorial roll or even a photo picture poster like John Rankine did years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chou View Post
    Oh My saddened heart ~ have just stumbled upon & re read all 31 pages started back in 2010 ~ missing Patt Milam ~ JET (Jeff Thacht), Pat & Louise Mesa, Jan Echols, Gary Galloway, Pat Griffith, who have passed in that duration & I am sure I will remember others.
    Some I failed to find on this ongoing list are : Art Hatcher, Cindy Barnes ( Louise and Pat Mesa's Daughter), "Millie" of High Hat fame , Bea Tiedeman, Tex Belt, Coyote, Charles Gay, Pat Carmichael, ...
    Sigh, let's take care of and love one another !
    Sincerely Chou

& four more as I read your post Sir W.
    Ed and soon afterwards Judith Leswig ~ Bobbie Bates soon after Ken Bates ~ and Beth ~~ blanking on her last name -Jane Tucker's & Brian Manires Mother ~ plus most recently Sarah Larson Mc Gettrick ( daughter of Al & Lynn Larson who was born and grew up here)
    the idea of picture roll is inspiring ~ I am thinking someone may be willing to assist you with this !
    Sincerely again , Chou

I like the momentum that the idea of a memorial photo poster could take on in Eureka. It does sound like something that John R. would be involved with... or not. I appreciate the thoughts, sir william, as I'm sure others also appreciate. Any idea where it could possibly be located?

My most recent thought was to do it and print it myself. I can print 24" wide and as long as 8 feet. Getting proper names and dates would take some doing. Haven't added up the number of people lately. Look how big Johns poster was. Anyway, just brainstorming it all. Thanks for any input.

Merlin

& another sad one ~~Montana Widener in this springs flood.
    Sir W thinking about your request for input on the Remembrance project maybe the Historic Museum would take interest in displaying or the Community center `~ in a public place ~ might be fun to have a gathering where folks can come and submit photos and related info about each of their memorial tributes ~~ think of how a benefit slide show ~ music ~ narration program in the Aud might be
    a community sensation ~~ the "funds" collected could be donated to the community center project ~~ I would love to have a meeting with other interested folks to launch such an idea !!