Reminisces of my time on Geekfest

Thread: Reminisces of my time on Geekfest

Default Reminisces of my time on Geekfest

So as I often do while trying to work in this closet of a shop in Excelsior Springs Missouri putting together my roaring 20s Collection that started with the Eureka Springs Bank robbery that was robbed By cowboys when I 1st moved there and now appears to be declining and definitely hard feelings how things turned out. Don't understand what happened to the paperboys
    But back to my reminisces I thought maybe I'd reach out to Geekfest to throw out that little fishhook looking to connect back to Eureka with all these Victorian clothes that are taking up room in my shop and especially in my head.
    Michelle McDonald

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Hi Michelle - good to hear from Miss Savilatea! I sure remember all of those costumes for all of the events and parades in Eureka. It really rocked how you could outfit so many people. It's pretty quiet around Geekfest these days - nothing like the "old days". But I keep thinking that Facebook won't really catch on and everyone will turn around and come back!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Those were the days all right

Hey you two. I miss the days when we had a big group of nutty people having fun together. I think of you all often and wonder about some I considered friends but haven’t heard from in years. I ran across my Betty Boop t shirt the other day and tried to remember the guy who sent her to me. Had a stroke since then and lost lots of memories. I’ll remember him sometime. Names pop up at the strangest times. Hey, just thought of him. He’s Yip. Anyone hear from him? I hesitate to ask about people since I may have missed bad news about them.

later friends.

I run into Yip intermittently at Five & Dime Drama Collective performances. He was in the Christmas show Five & Dime did at the Crescent in mid-December, and was in several previous shows.
    --Grunch

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Grayfox - sure is good to hear from you! Ya, we did have a good time - lots of controversial topics cussed and dicussed! If you want to talk to Yipster, friend him: https://www.facebook.com/steve.y.vorbeck . He's still lives in Eureka!
    Last edited by DaBee; 01-25-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

DaBee, so far I’ve managed to steer clear of Facebook. Not my cup of tea. I used to have Yip’s email address but I think he has changed it. Probably so he didn’t have to answer me.

Whoever told us that growing old would be fun lied. I’m not having all that much fun. I’ve been getting shots in my eyes once a month for almost a year. Nothing fun about that. I’m losing friends left and right and that’s definitely a bummer. My best friend of over forty years left us a year or so ago and I miss her every day. We had a barrel of good times and a few not so good. We never had a serious argument.