Computer/Email Question

Thread: Computer/Email Question

Default Computer/Email Question

I have two email accounts, which Iíve had for nearly 20 years. One account is my personal acct & the other is our business email, which Gets very little action. Today I received an email in my personal acct & the email shows the sender as my business account. This is not the first time but it has always been junk & I didnít think much of it. Todayís email was an attachment of something I am extremely interested in. I did not send it to myself.

How does this happen? My email is Cox so I went to my webmail on the cox site. I viewed the source & both email addys are there among the lines & lines of code that I have absolutely no understanding of.

Any of you computer geniuses (& I know there are several) know how this happens?

TIA😉😃
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Fake return addresses aren't hard to do. I remember my business website email was used for spam mailings once and many email servers marked my email address as spam - I had to change the email before people could get email from me again.

I hope you did not open the attachment. I would say someone has hacked your business account's address book and is using it to send spam or viruses & malware.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Yjey don't need to hack your email in orfer to spoof your email, it's a simple return address replacement.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Did you get this figured out, ?islandvideo
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.