The big bang theories

Thread: The big bang theories

Default The big bang theories

Does anyone know what the big bang today was - it was apparently audible for many miles. Sonic boom? Ogre fart?

We felt it on mountain street, too. What was it?

There are 99 replies to the same question, posted on the Eureka Springs Road Conditions Facebook page yesterday. Iím not on Facebook so Iím not informed, either.

Seems to have been a meteorite. Folks from as far as Kansas City and Oklahoma City saw the fireball or heard the sonic boom. Our local Meteorite Man, Steve Arnold, host of the show Meteorite Men is off to somewhere between Carthage and Springfield to hunt for fragments. That's their best estimate of location at the moment.

Does anyone know if Steve Arnold was able to find it?

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

From Steve Arnold
    Fireball Update:

So Pat Branch was able to move Dan Skoff’s GOES lightening hits southeast (to allow for the flash of light to be 38-39km above ground not at the ground) so the sonic boom started at the southwest side of the yellow zone with the meteoroid traveling the blue line path and if there were any surviving rocks we would expect them to be inside the white zone to the Southwest of Nixa.
    Pat used a second video recorded by William Mattison on his allsky cam to tighten the triangulation today.
    The meteoroid was moving very fast, increasing its chance of being cometary but even if not, a lot better chance it totally vaporizing with nothing solid hitting the ground...but maybe.
    We will more closely scour the Doppler radar for any potential signatures of falling rocks... Doppler has been dumbed down since around 2013 so we no longer can catch meteorites like we did on our TV show Meteorite Men. I have lost some hope there is much to be found from this event. Anyone that is able to search in the white zone should keep their eyes peeled.
    Like and share with any adventurous people in the Springfield area that live in the white zone or who might be up for some exploring and searching in the area. I’m not sure if I will make it back up there over the next few days, but maybe. If so, look for my yellow shirt!
    Happy hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eekUdvyv9fA&fbclid=IwAR37ab2WxlavT8IcJxkDg AoGiDxX72lgSTPpXf2nbd0ekuN4UPhUhMc_tNA
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

For a long time there was nothing about it on any Springfield news TV channels. Finally found a story on 33. I heard the boom and thought someone had lit off a firework left over from the 4th. That's what it sounded like to me.
    https://www.kspr.com/content/news/Me...538131111.html
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill