bees

Thread: bees

Default bees

Ok! like a dummy, i thought i would sneek upon the hive to feed sugar water.
    got the feeder out from the hive , no problem. About that time i was hit by a couple guard bees telling me to back off. Filled the feeder and very carefully place it in the hive ,well the bees had a differnet messages and that was to bring the other thousand guard bees to say nope!
    not going to happen. so sitting the feeder on the ground and backed away very slow. Well the thousand guard bees said nope! still to close. About that time i decided an excape was in order, So started to walk away very fast. the thousand guard bees said nope! run faster. and taking their word for it i ran about twenty feet away and stopped, big mistake three of the guard bees said wow! what a place to place a stinger. One said in got his head.the other said i got his arm and the third said that hand looks good.
    So folks lesson learned one can't fool them bees two fill the damn smoker next time three suit up. Well Saturday after noon going to try the adventure again..With smoker, suit will be checking on the supers to pull some if full and add new ones.

Mud

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way to not get cocky with Mother Nature! I learned to always smoke 'em and wear the hood. That mighta even been a little chancy without the suit, but on a hot day it's sure icky to put on and pull off!
    Glad to know you're still a beekeeper, Mud.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Well got suited up smoker in hand..Checked the top super couple frames on the top wasn't filled out..The big one under it and the smaller one under it.They are full.
    will rob the smaller one and the top one.
    leave the bigger one for winter. Unless some blooming gets going.
    Mud
    People who are organized are just tool lazy to look for things