Wake up, Geekfest Gardeners !

Thread: Wake up, Geekfest Gardeners !

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Thumbs up Wake up, Geekfest Gardeners !

No one has written on this forum section for a while and I wanted to see if anyone was interested any more.

My garden is ok, I guess. Tomatoes are ripening, though there's definitely not a bumper crop. Got very few peppers, zucchini quit producing, but the acorn squash is looking decent. I think the problem is that during the time things were drying out I didn't get out there to water enough (a little hospital stay and down time kept me house-bound). Was hoping to get rain today and tomorrow. A good soaker might make a big difference.

This is the 3rd year for a Goji Berry bush and it's getting big! Has a decent amount of fruit that I pick off and eat every day. Anyone else have a Goji? If I got a big crop on this, wouldn't know what to do with the fruit! Ideas?

My sleep cycle seems to be about 9pm to 3am here lately, which sucks if there's much to do during the day. I'm usually home, so mini-naps are my preferred activity! I'll get out back when the sun comes up. Should be nice and cool. We got a brief shower here in Berryville last evening, but hoping for more like the forecast says.

Gosh - nice to talk to y'all again. I'm gonna try to be more active - - - especially at 3am!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

My food garden is a container garden. Much smaller than the one I had last year in Little Rock that filled the front yard and gave me cucumbers and tomatoes all summer. This year was a later start and a smaller sunny patch but the herbs are very happy. I have three tomatoes that my friend Nancy gifted me starts from seeds, they're super tall, ripening slow but pretty and pest free. I have two new wee 'mater starts and an eggplant for fall. They aren't planted yet.

My sleep cycle was for months and months and months just constant. With copious naps. Then two Saturdays ago I woke up, not exhausted anymore. Just like that. So I'll probably miss your 3am posts in live time because I like 10pm - 6am now.
    Stay woke.

The 3am isn't normal - just a phase I'm going through now! I actually took 4-15 minute naps today, but I'm barely awake now. Think it's post-hospital do wacka do wacka weirdness that's lasted a couple weeks. I figure that it'll all balance out soon.
    Your garden sounds interesting. I've not done potatoes in the fall - eggplant either! I'd like to know how that works
    for you.

Got almost 1.5 inches of rain here in Berryville today! A real gully washer!

I'm doing fall "maters not "taters". I'm not sure how they'd do in a container. I've never tried eggplant before either. I'll let you know. Glad for the rain.
    Stay woke.

Hey Raven! I mentioned you just yesterday. Hope you’re doing okay.

We never have gardens any more. I buy fresh produce at a roadside market nearby. The one thing I try to do every year is stewed tomatoes for the freezer. I’ve bought the tomatoes from the same place for years but a few weeks ago I went there and there’s a sign that they’re closed this season. I ended up buying a box elsewhere and those are some strange tomatoes. They had very little juice and they never seemed to really, really ripen. I stewed them anyway because my husband was going to have surgery and I knew I’d be too busy later. I held out a few and they are still just as firm as they were when I bought them. Wish I knew what they’re called so I’ll know to avoid them in the future.

Sound like Romas, Grayfox.

Hi Grayfox. Thanks for thinking about me, I'm doing well thank you. I hope you are too. Do you freeze your stewed tomatoes in bags or jars? Did your husband's surgery go well?
    Stay woke.