"ken_in_dfw" no more!

Thread: "ken_in_dfw" no more!

Default "ken_in_dfw" no more!

No, I'm not dead. Although there have been times lately where I have been rooting for that outcome (mostly related to my corporate slave status).

Anywho, after nearly a decade of fighting past a half-million dollar reconstruction of my other half's spine, several job changes, the up-and-down general decline of my mother, and on-again/off-again concerning work-from-home status, we have FINALLY made it to the place where we are moving to the Land over the Rainbow in late June.

We ended up being "townies" after all was said and done. Hoping we can get those 3 acres off of Pivot Rock sold sometime before I die. We're excited to nearly be there and to soon be free of the wretched DFW traffic scene. (I promise that I will NEVER complain about BB&BBQ traffic - EVER!)

Like a lot of folks, I'm more on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter these days. If you'd like to keep up with me, you're welcome to invite me or follow me below:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khoward61
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kenjhowardjr/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEN_IN_DFW

Peace!

Ken

As you can see, Geekfest is pretty much dead now. I'm not sure how many check back in from time to time, but I suspect it's not many. It's sad, this was such a good thing for the community for many years but other forms of social media have taken it's place. Welocome to town, I know you have been trying to make this happen for a long time - it's good when a plan comes together.

If Geekfest dies (hope not) we should have a “geekfest eureka springs” facebook page
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

How exciting! Please keep us updated with your progress! I know you’ve long been concerned with connectivity issues; sounds like those were resolved.

Thanks! Yes, in the end, I just decided I needed to quit fighting it and choose the in-town life.

But I will say that 5G is coming (maybe a few years away for Eureka Springs but it's coming) and that will make broadband Internet access viable in most places if you can afford it. (There is still going to be a divide between the haves and have-nots. This is 'Merka after all!)

5g will get here at some point. I have an almost good 3g signal at my place by the lake that works sometimes, so yeah 5g will be working at least partially when 7g comes knocking on the city doors. I used to day trade - can't do that where I am, but thankfully it isn't something I need to do now. Out here, between the dish and tethering I would be dead broke in a few trading sessions because of latency. Town is a much better choice for anyone who absolutely needs a reliable connection.