Downtown fireworks approved? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Downtown fireworks approved?

city hall sent out a request to businesses to see how they faired with fireworks; meaning did their customers say, " we came here for the fireworks". they didn't.

there was almost no advertising outside of locally that i could find. the capc website as i recall was sort of ambivalent about it. parks had nothing on their calendar of events.

from what i've heard, the crescent was the big money maker that night.

larry and i walked up cliff street and saw some of it from an opening in the trees.

so what did that 8 grand+ garner us?

every year, i say the same thing...put a little sprinkler in the park for our guests and locals. that, imho, would be 8 grand well spent.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

[QUOTE=Percy;2644604]"A few people want to take that freedom away" is a crock of shit. This is the first time fireworks have invaded the Historic District.

Parks' lack of transparency on the issue is what IS the threat to our freedom-- backroom deals, clandestine methods and piss poor attitudes when questioned.

Thanks for this whole post... my sentiments exactly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by patmatsukis View Post
    I did love when they where at the holiday island marina; easy, could motor by boat or car, etc.
    That was a good display, but I was there when the whole thing blew up and it caused me to see the ridiculousness of the whole fireworks concept and intent.
    The Crescent made money out of the display this past 4th? - how'd they do that?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

The newspaper photos at the library state differently and these are from N. Main at 9:20PM seem to state differently as well. Verifiable visible fact versus gossip fiction. Let your eyes decide.

20190706_211934a.jpg20190706_212401ajpg.jpg
    Last edited by The Barbear; 07-19-2019 at 09:48 AM.