Downtown fireworks approved?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown fireworks approved?

Default Downtown fireworks approved?

First, why is Parks spending $8,000 to shoot off fireworks downtown on private property?

Second, donít we have an ordinance prohibiting fireworks downtown?

How will fire trucks be getting to the top off the mountain? Will they have enough water? Very dry in July typically- very easily could turn from Tree City into something far different. How many times has town already burned?

Everyone knows wildlife and pets react very negatively to fireworks, and more pets are lost on the Fourth than any other day each year. According to Jimmy Evans we have more pets than people. Was this even a consideration?

Did the Parks Commission discuss this publicly prior to taking it to Council?

Did Council ask any questions? Or just approve?
    Last edited by Percy; 05-17-2019 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Add questions

Didn't know Marble Flats was considered "downtown". Here is some info.
    https://www.lovelycitizen.com/story/2609249.html
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Thank you. I saw the the article you included, as it's what prompted my questions.

Yes, where the fireworks will be - the large flat area of MF - is downtown, between Magnetic and Mill Hollow (toward the western side) and is in the Historic District.

It's also zoned R-2 (Residential).

"Fireworks" and "Residential" and "Historic District" seem like a major oxymoronic combo to me.

Also, fireworks downtown, in the Historic District, was not on any Parks' agenda.

2019-05-18.jpg
    Last edited by Percy; 05-18-2019 at 09:47 AM.

once again, we have no real leadership.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Looks like it's a done deal. A stupid waste of $8000. All up in smoke.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I am very concerned about the location for this.

Here are my questions which I will ask tomorrow night at the council meeting

1. Were will everyone park that will be coming out to see this firworks show
    2. Where will everyone sit/lay/stand to see said fireworks show
    3. How will these loud explosions be good for those that live in this area that have PTSD
    4. What about all the pets and wildlife in this residential area. Many will be greatly traumatized with the loud explosions that will occur in practically their own back yards.
    5. I myself that live on Main won't be able to see anything from my "deck" due to I and everyone around me have way to many trees to see into the sky and the horizon.
    6. As Rachel stated how will fire trucks get up to the top of the mountain I don't even think there is an actual road up there
    7. Is there water hydrants up there for the water if they need it?

These are my concerns and questions.

I will be attending the meeting for council tomorrow night anyone else concerned should be there too.

it saddens to me to ask again, what monies are being directed to summer programs for our kids?

when we as a city, allow the same person to be the chairperson for more than 10+ years, we get what we deserve.

I have called all the council people and expressed my concerns about the marble flat fireworks....now, I am asking you:

please, if you can't go to the meeting: send a message..this is a very bad idea.

as always, thank you,
    pat

Quote Originally Posted by patmatsukis View Post
    it saddens to me to ask again, what monies are being directed to summer programs for our kids?

when we as a city, allow the same person to be the chairperson for more than 10+ years, we get what we deserve.
    my query is - who invited the waltons and their big$ ideas into our town?

How about a city-wide rain dance on July 6th?

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

What ever became of this?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.