Colonial Inn - 23 S

Thread: Colonial Inn - 23 S

Default Colonial Inn - 23 S

Wonder what's going on at the Colonial Inn on 23 S ?

New privacy fence and a secure electric gate has been installed.

Nudist colony? Internment camp?

Who knows something?
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

Heard it was a recovery center. Addicts and such.

Same folks that bought Riverview, I’m told...

Close to two schools. Academy of Excellence and Eureka Springs Middle School.

This facility is in the city limits of Eureka Springs so I hope it was properly vetted by the city council or the planning commission. Haven't seen anything in the newspapers about it.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I wondered the same thing, re the proximity of schools.

This is who paid us for services rendered:

https://spencerrecovery.com/
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Vetted for what reason? People with addiction issues are not necessarily criminals or convicts.
    You forget we had a convicted serial rapist working with children not so long ago and people in this community called him " A fine man" "a good upstanding citizen"

Never said they needed to be vetted but know that most municipalities have certain requirements about the placement of these types of facilities. Thatís all. Iíd have made an issue of it months ago if Iíd personally thought anything like that. Been wondering if thereíd be any nimby backlash over it. Iím betting thatís not gonna happen here in Eureka Springs. 😀

I be more worried about priests and fanatics.
    ​​Money is not community.

Recovery units do not require vetting. It's not a halfway house or mental health facility. After major injuries, many become addicted to pain meds and require recovery units. There are places like Springwoods Mental Health in Fayetteville for those who are unstable or possibly pose a danger to themselves or others. Apples and Oranges.

I heard through a reputable source that Spencers Recovery House is a 30 day program for men ~ privately owned . May be totally fake news but I am wondering about the comments about vetting the endeavor . After all, the Coffee Pot ~our legendary long standing haven and sanctuary for recovering addicts & families and friends of addicts ( N/A)
    of all substances including even food has been harboring meetings nearly 24/7 for let's see ~ is it 25 years and counting ?