Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners

Linda, I believe the time is 1pm and it's on the front page of the ESI. I, too, got the Gardein turk'y from Eureka Market and also the Daiya pumpkin spice cheesecake and am pumped to put my So Delicious whipped topping on it tonight!

As for the unnecessary and mean-spirited comments made with regards to my simple suggestion:

There is no "food chain." It's a hypothetical construct we've devised to try to justify our continued and unnecessary exploitation, torture and abuse of animals. Besides, if it were true, your ancestors must not have been very intelligent, as we can survive solely on plants-- can't say the same about meat. Oh, and your ancestors probably didn't have claws; a severe hindrance to their so-called proclivity for meat.

Ahhh, one of the many tired old PETA comments. You remind me exactly of Mickey Schneider.
    She showed some class by wearing this to the Council table in some kind of twisted protest during our successful campaign to ban wild animal circuses in Eureka. Two peas in a pod, you are.

Attachment 3458

Go ahead and enjoy your tortured dead bird with a bunch of dried bread shoved up its ass. And vegans are the crazy ones?

Although I'm not a vegan, I have had some vegan Thanksgiving meals that gave Granny's Thanksgiving a run for it's money - and she was a fine cook. Irondragon was repeating an old joke, I'm sure no offense was intended. It was offered in humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    Linda, I believe the time is 1pm and it's on the front page of the ESI. I, too, got the Gardein turk'y from Eureka Market and also the Daiya pumpkin spice cheesecake and am pumped to put my So Delicious whipped topping on it tonight!

As for the unnecessary and mean-spirited comments made with regards to my simple suggestion:

There is no "food chain." It's a hypothetical construct we've devised to try to justify our continued and unnecessary exploitation, torture and abuse of animals. Besides, if it were true, your ancestors must not have been very intelligent, as we can survive solely on plants-- can't say the same about meat. Oh, and your ancestors probably didn't have claws; a severe hindrance to their so-called proclivity for meat.

Ahhh, one of the many tired old PETA comments. You remind me exactly of Mickey Schneider.
    She showed some class by wearing this to the Council table in some kind of twisted protest during our successful campaign to ban wild animal circuses in Eureka. Two peas in a pod, you are.

Attachment 3458

Go ahead and enjoy your tortured dead bird with a bunch of dried bread shoved up its ass. And vegans are the crazy ones?
    You've got to be kidding me "mean spirited comments". I guess you also think everyone who is not vegan are Trump supporters.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

I agree that the "mean-spirited" comment was a little over the top. It was a joke, for God's sake!

"two peas in a pod" is a compliment from a vegan! I love peas.

Peas are delicious¡ One if my favorite veggies. They compliment a nice roasted pork loin quite nicely.
    ​​Money is not community.

Just talked to a Forest Hill employee. They will be having a Thanksgiving buffet as well.

tofu! i thought i raised you better than that LOL
    People who are organized are just tool lazy to look for things

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon View Post
    For those so inclined... enjoy... I'll pass, my ancient relatives didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat zucchini. Miss the pirate Gaylord.
    What makes you think we are at the top of the food chain? Locally or nationally.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Cravings Bakery next to Hart's is serving a Thanksgiving Day dinner from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Donations accepted, but not mandatory.