Not Too Shabby - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Too Shabby

First, I’m correcting myself in regards to leaving a meeting. I completely blanked out leaving the night Joyce Zeller died.

secondly, what accomplishments?
    As for using the term “handicappers” that one night, I explained that as a volunteer for 50 years with the blind & deaf, that I was a bit old fashioned in that regard & used the term, not as a negative or a slur, but as the “appropriate “ wordage from 50 years ago. There is NO disrespect involved as most people know. Pretty hard to be a volunteer for that long if you disrespect the people...

Still waiting on a response of why you didn’t offer yourself for Council...?
    Nuff said...
    Semper Fi

Barbear: "Keep crying Mitchell. Nobody owes you a damn thing! "
    I never said anybody owes me anything, you however might want to go and ask James about renting that studio above your shop and you want it for low income rent like you both harp about and see how fast he offers it at a reduced rate to meet both your skewed philosophy of rent controlled lodging in a city that is clearly marketed to it's demographics. Go around town with that theme both of you and see how many citizens jump up at the chance to rent to low income when the market is set where it is. Again I suggest you start with James and then you both can live what you seem to preach for others but decline to do yourselves.

Jesus, is it impossible to have a civil conversation? Micki, god knows we don’t always agree, but I appreciate you continually serving in what is an incredibly thankless role in Eureka. Thank you.

Last edited by Cindy Lou Who; 11-08-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    Barbear: "Keep crying Mitchell. Nobody owes you a damn thing! "
    I never said anybody owes me anything, you however might want to go and ask James about renting that studio above your shop and you want it for low income rent like you both harp about and see how fast he offers it at a reduced rate to meet both your skewed philosophy of rent controlled lodging in a city that is clearly marketed to it's demographics. Go around town with that theme both of you and see how many citizens jump up at the chance to rent to low income when the market is set where it is. Again I suggest you start with James and then you both can live what you seem to preach for others but decline to do yourselves.
    There is no studio above me. There is a 2 bedroom home. Get your facts straight. Also, I pay a very fair rate for my living space and commercial space.
    ​​Money is not community.

INGREDIENTSNutrition

DIRECTIONS

• Roll the squirrel pieces in flour, salt, and pepper.
    • Brown in butter.
    • Add squirrel and all other ingredients, (with the exception of the tomatoes), to the boiling water, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
    • Add the tomatoes and continue to simmer another hour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbear View Post
    There is no studio above me. There is a 2 bedroom home. Get your facts straight. Also, I pay a very fair rate for my living space and commercial space.
    Ok then a two bedroom apartment that James owns and the question is: " does he rent it out at a rate that is acceptable to low income citizens like both you and James preach about? I suspect not since he does not rent it out, but you could check out the lower rent option to test your stance??
    I still say that the rents in town are based on Market value and who that owns rentable real estate would rent for less that market value? Oh I guess you and James???????? Really now I doubt that will be happening. Interesting that you both feel it needs to be done but neither of you are willing to do it yourselves. Yes I know who you rent your apartment from and have heard about you and the neighbors commercial endeavor below and the incense issue months ago. Interesting indeed. Did not James take out an apartment a staff person rented years ago behind his café and convert it into his home? Did that not decrease low income housing to the benefit of the café owner? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    Ok then a two bedroom apartment that James owns and the question is: " does he rent it out at a rate that is acceptable to low income citizens like both you and James preach about? I suspect not since he does not rent it out, but you could check out the lower rent option to test your stance??
    I still say that the rents in town are based on Market value and who that owns rentable real estate would rent for less that market value? Oh I guess you and James???????? Really now I doubt that will be happening. Interesting that you both feel it needs to be done but neither of you are willing to do it yourselves. Yes I know who you rent your apartment from and have heard about you and the neighbors commercial endeavor below and the incense issue months ago. Interesting indeed. Did not James take out an apartment a staff person rented years ago behind his café and convert it into his home? Did that not decrease low income housing to the benefit of the café owner? Just a thought.
    Your prattling is just that. The prattling of a 75 year old man still hiding behind mother's apron strings, literally.
    Your damn right I had the landlord solve an issue of people smuding and burning shit that would invade my home. That's my right as a tenant.
    Buck up princess! You were out witted and outplayed and you're done. Plain and simple DONE.
    But I'm nobody's lap dog Mitchell and you are a fool.

F0YSsc1.jpg
    Last edited by The Barbear; 11-09-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    INGREDIENTSNutrition

DIRECTIONS

• Roll the squirrel pieces in flour, salt, and pepper.
    • Brown in butter.
    • Add squirrel and all other ingredients, (with the exception of the tomatoes), to the boiling water, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
    • Add the tomatoes and continue to simmer another hour.
    Don't like it don't read it.

Hilarity Town barbear displaying his usual demeanor about ....

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbear View Post
    Your prattling is just that. The prattling of a 75 year old man still hiding behind mother's apron strings, literally.
    Your damn right I had the landlord solve an issue of people smuding and burning shit that would invade my home. That's my right as a tenant.
    Buck up princess! You were out witted and outplayed and you're done. Plain and simple DONE.
    But I'm nobody's lap dog Mitchell and you are a fool.

F0YSsc1.jpg
    I am not 75, I bought my mothers home for her here in town and since she is 90 I do look after her as a son should and any family member would do for another. You on the other hand are a total self absorbed____________. That story of the burning incense is an accurate account of your attitude, demeanor and general outlook on life and how you see others in this town. You come across as one lonely, miserable ______________. Those people who rented the commercial space were getting the paint smell under control. I agree you are no nobody's lap dog you are to mean and to big for that. As for a fool not so, as the more you post your crap on line the more people can see you for what you truly are. As for your slamming the community center and then crying about loss of revenue at your barber shop for people who disagree with you and you sure did moan about that, expect more and more people in this town get a better sense of your demeanor.
    You once said you were not happy here, so since you might still be by your posts: here is an early: don't let the door to the town hit you in the _____ as you hit the road.