Not Too Shabby
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Too Shabby

Default Not Too Shabby

Well there are a couple disappointing outcomes on the local election scene. But in the long run we kept a couple of bigots off the payroll.
    ​​Money is not community.

Thumbs up

No numbers, just names of local winners:
    Butch, Terry, Melissa, incumbents with Harry Meyers & Susan Harmon as the newbies to Council. And of course me & Bob who were unopposed. Hopes for the future??
    Semper Fi

No hope really.
    You've sat too long at the table and abandon your constitutes like a jilted child when things don't go your way and are a general embarrassment. Someone really needs to move to ward 1 and run against you.
    With the exception of you and Harold everyone else is from the lodging industry and planning commission, so any hope of fair and affordable housing went out the window. It's all about tourism and overnight rentals. No quality of life incentive for residents.
    So no! Very little hope for the things I care about.

I looked on here to get the final list and vote numbers and saw this post and then read with a measure of disgust your post above this one. Really Cameron if she is/was such an embarrassment you would have thought someone would have run against her now would you not?
    I recall nomination of you and voting to put you on Parks in hope you would provide a breathe of fresh air, rotate chairperson around and be a voice of stability in keeping tax payor funds from being infused into private enterprise ( Community Center). What did we get out of that from you?
    You analysis of lodging affecting affordable housing sounds like you need to withdraw you head from James posterior and think. Affordable housing is dependent on the economy and what owners of property can get in return for the rental. It is not controlled by lodging owners it is controlled by the property owners.

Keep crying Mitchell. Nobody owes you a damn thing!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbear View Post
    No hope really.
    You've sat too long at the table and abandon your constitutes like a jilted child when things don't go your way and are a general embarrassment. Someone really needs to move to ward 1 and run against you.
    With the exception of you and Harold everyone else is from the lodging industry and planning commission, so any hope of fair and affordable housing went out the window. It's all about tourism and overnight rentals. No quality of life incentive for residents.
    So no! Very little hope for the things I care about.
    Really, Bear?? Because I walked out on ONE council meeting in 8 years of serving our people...ALL of our people...in protest of what they were doing & then got 3 of 4 issues reversed at the very next meeting, that’s abandoning the people?!?? REALLY??? Get real yourself sweety! That’s called taking a stand!! And people have run against me, but for some strange reason, our residents & merchants alike seem to appreciate the fact that I represent THEM rather than my own pockets or friends & keep re-electing me. That I represent fairness, equality & horrors...LOGIC & common sense!!! My plain, straightforward, honest speaking also tends to be appreciated by our people who are, quite frankly, sick & tired of the pretty b.s. wordage constantly being used by politicians nowadays...oh....that’s right....I’m NOT a politician...my bad.... I’m just a Eurekan who’s lived here for 45 years because I LOVE OUR LITTLE VILLAGE!!! And will do anything to keep us safe, happy & well! And since tourism is the business of the village, yes, we do have to consider it, because that’s how our people make their income to survive!!! As for quality of life stuff, who fought the hardest for our new trails system? Who has fought for a decade for trails all over the area? Who has tried to get a youth club started so the kids would have stuff to do besides start working at 14? Who actually goes around town & talks to the residents & the merchants in regards to upcoming issues that will affect them? Who? Go ahead. Name somebody. Anybody...good luck tho...
    Sheesh! It’s hard to believe we were friends before you even got moved here, after that uncalled for tirade! Thanks a lot, buddy....
    Semper Fi

We have been acquaintances. Internet conversations do not make a friendship.
    You have walked out on more than ONE meeting and each time you do you out abandon the people you are supposed to be working for. Plain and simple temper tantrums. As for people who have hit the streets and talked to people. Let's see..
    Theodore has
    James De'vito has
    Harold Meyer has
    Bob Thomas has
    Butch Berry has
    Kim Stryker has
    Two of our new Police officers have.
    Rodney Slane has
    Paul Miller has

Those are just some of the people that have walked around and asked to people about issues. You are not the only one. You may believe you are. But you're not and deserve no special recognition for doing things that you signed up to do and get paid to do. That is part of the issue with the old hats at the table. You think you are owed something or have right to some special attention. You don't. You get paid for what you do by the taxpayers.

Exclamation

No Bear, not candidates, but active councilpeople during regular times. And I have only walked out on ONE meeting. ONE! That’s also funny that having met on the Internet, become friends, got together as soon as you got to town, doesn’t count as a friendship. So sorry to have imposed on you...
    Semper Fi

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbear View Post
    ......Those are just some of the people that have walked around and asked to people about issues. You are not the only one. You may believe you are. But you're not and deserve no special recognition for doing things that you signed up to do and get paid to do. That is part of the issue with the old hats at the table. You think you are owed something or have right to some special attention. You don't. You get paid for what you do by the taxpayers.
    since when has anyone EVER heard or seen me ask for recognition, attention, money or anything else? My council pay, that I fought against having for council rather than Planning ages ago, goes to charities, not my pocket! I don’t believe council people should get paid...just asking for trouble... The old hats? Really? How about some of us just being “longtimers” who know, understand & love Eureka?? Plus, I seem to remember trying to get YOU to run for council, even on the short fill-in term...
    Semper Fi

You're asking for recognition right now. You asked for it in your previous statements when you listed your accomplishments. You ask for it at the council table all the time when you list your accomplishments.
    Yes I'll use the term "Old Hats". It is infinitely less disrespectful than when you call people with disabilities and health issues "handicappers." Talk about disrespectful and distasteful.