President's Alert Message - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: President's Alert Message

Well they kinda already do that with amber alerts and weather alerts. They’re based on what location your phone is reporting back to....someone, the cell phone carrier I guess. I know every time there’s a flash flood warning in Barry Co Mo. I get the warning in my phone because we’re “close enough “ I suppose.

These “presidential” alerts are for some type of emergency that everyone in the country that has a cell phone needs to know about right away - even before their google alerts or apple news alerts or AP news alerts or any number of other alerts are going to tell them anyway. I’m still struggling to figure out what could be so devastatingly important that we all need to know about it all at once and can actually DO something about it to protect ourselves.

Oh and by the way, it’s Parker Bottoms, not Parker’s bottom

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I think the nation should know when the bridge at Parker's Bottom is closed.
    There's a bridge at Parker's Bottom? Damn. Y'all are a LOT more neighborly than I had imagined.

I know it's Parker Bottoms, just humoring bikeguy.

Maybe they will send an alert when a big asteroid is about to hit D.C. that way we can all cheer it on.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon View Post

Maybe they will send an alert when a big asteroid is about to hit D.C. that way we can all cheer it on.
    If there's a just God, they won't see it coming.

😁

Just an FYI...

The National Message System has been setup as an information delivery system when the arrests of the Deep State Players by our military start. This will help in disseminating the information so the general public doesn't panic and isn't fed disinformation from lower-level operatives who were not caught in the dragnet.

That is all.
    Last edited by shewantsrevenge; 10-05-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shewantsrevenge View Post
    Just an FYI...

The National Message System has been setup as an information delivery system when the arrests of the Deep State Players by our military start. This will help in disseminating the information so the the general public doesn't panic and isn't fed disinformation from lower-level operatives who were not caught in the dragnet.

That is all.

This is what I found https://www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test

It sounds like a ramped up version of the weekly nation wide test of the Emergency Broadcast System on the radio. Or the Tuesday 10:30 am siren (do they even do that anymore?) "In the event of a real emergency..." there are people who are too far away from a siren, don't have a radio on, etc... but do have a cell phone with them all times (which is creepy enough to me)

From what I've been told, in real emergencies the message on the radio or television was always supposed to include which authority issued it; president, governor, etc... and what to do next. But I've never heard a real emergency bulletin, so I wouldn't know.

I do think Trump has honestly earned suspicion of anything coming out of his mouth given his tireless effort at generating false or misleading information, how he uses fear to manipulate, etc...

I don't hold it against anybody who thinks assuming the worst is the most efficient reaction. On the whole, this seems like a good idea undermined by his habit of slapping his name on things to take credit where it isn't due.

Except that I'm used to the radio alert. The siren is outside of my house. Anybody getting into a device in my pocket or my purse without my consent feels creepy enough (I've never updated Facebook with my real hometown, birthday, siblings, nothin') Knowing Trump himself can do it is way too creepy.
    Last edited by Murphette; 10-13-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    "I am not crazy and this is not normal" - me

Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! (it's worth a shot)

"For every difficult and complicated question there is an answer that is simple, easily understood and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Glad I've got an answering service. I can delete that crap just as soon as it starts. There's no bridge at Parker Bottoms, but there is a bullet train that goes by there at 2:36 a.m. to pick up the mail at Beaver and Holiday Island.

Default Paaalease

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon View Post
    If a true emergency (not a test) were to occur and you weren't notified, I imagine everyone would be bitching about how "Big Brother Donald" dropped the ball.
    I hear about people bitching that Amber Alerts are not issued in a timely manner. So which is it, no notifications or only at your convenience.
    I'm sure that the people where the recent tsunami hit would love to have had a system like this in place.
    ID, really... what was the "alert" about. Near as I can see most of us are in most danger at church, school or socializing. The politics of fear is right there with McCarthyism, and sitting in the hall, backs to the wall, heads between the legs ready to kiss our lil asses goodbye. You remember and so do I. I respect you but Donald Trump is a liar, hustler and crook and is now running his Queens game on the country.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb