Deer in Distress
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer in Distress

Unhappy Deer in Distress

I was walking this morning and saw a deer near Little Lake Eureka that appeared to have a metal can stuck on its snout which it was trying to remove without success. Has anyone one else seen it? More importantly, what can be done, if anything? I'm worried about the poor thing.

https://m.facebook.com/ARGameandFish/

Call Arkansas Game and Fish. A local warden might be able to help. If you use Facebook, hereís a link to their page.

Quote Originally Posted by MargaritaMaker View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/ARGameandFish/

Call Arkansas Game and Fish. A local warden might be able to help. If you use Facebook, hereís a link to their page.
    I just called Game and Fish. Since the deer ran off, they said they couldn't do anything. They thought if it ran off, more than likely the can would fall off. However, they requested that if anyone sees it again, they should call them right away.

870-423-9611 is the number for a local warden, name of Gus, should anyone see the deer before it dies of dehydration or starvation. Poor thing. The office at the dam, phone number is 866-253-2506. They prob arenít there sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by margaritamaker View Post
    870-423-9611 is the number for a local warden, name of gus, should anyone see the deer before it dies of dehydration or starvation. Poor thing. The office at the dam, phone number is 866-253-2506. They prob aren’t there sundays.
    thanks!

Youíre welcome. I feel sorry for that deer.

Gus has been on medical leave for over two years. 1-800-482-9262 is the # for the radio room.
    Thanks
    ~~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~~

Quote Originally Posted by The Fawn Whisperer View Post
    Gus has been on medical leave for over two years. 1-800-482-9262 is the # for the radio room.
    Thanks
    Thanks. That's the number I ended up calling yesterday and they said there was nothing they could do, but to call back if anyone saw the deer again.

Did anyone call Tender Heart Rescue? If you see the deer again.......870 350 4189

Quote Originally Posted by 1954 View Post
    Did anyone call Tender Heart Rescue? If you see the deer again.......870 350 4189
    Yes, we called Andrea and she informed us that she is no longer allowed to rescue deer. In addition, she no longer possesses a tranquilizer gun. She suggested we call Turpentine Creek, but that was a dead end as well.