Any comments about the children being separated from their parents in Texas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any comments about the children being separated from their parents in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    I think that someone needs to explain to the parents exactly what illegal means. Americans who sneak across their border are made painfully aware of how that works.
    Seeking asylum in the US of A is not an illegal action, in fact it is supported by US Code... https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158
    Prior to the current GOP administration, those seeking asylum were not treated as criminals. Additionally this current POLICY of separating minor children from their parents or guardians was pitched to previous administrations but they all viewed it as TOO inhumane, immoral or abhorrent to implement, including the last GOP 'resident George W "Shock and Awe" Bush.

There will be a special place in the afterlife for all those initiating, implementing and defending this POLICY. A POLICY that could be terminated by the 'resident with a flick of a pen in his tiny hand!

I know your kids,Kendra. Maybe when this cluster.... collapses and there are thousands of lost children in the hands of DHS, they should beg gay and lesbian couples to adopt and raise them.. As of now, the Trumpsters are playing ugly games shutting down legal ports of entry to asylum seekers and forcing them back into the coyotes hands making them lawbreakers if caught and subject to being separated. I have warned of creeping Fascism. We are here. I am worried for local friends my own children and I have grown up with. I love them.

Think of the horrors, many created by us in Honduras, El Salvador etc. that have made asylum seekers, brutalized by gangs at home walk to our border, victimized all the way to closed to them legal ports of entry. The DHS secretary when asked where are all the girls... she had no idea.
    On one encouraging note, States across the Nation are denying the National Guard from the border and others calling their Guard home, from both parties.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Hughes View Post
    Please, god, tell me this whole existence is just a jacked up computer simulation.
    Yes, Kendra, I have found myself saying that prayer a few times lately, too. And I am a confirmed agnostic.

They'll be coming for YOU next. Damn, I wish I was kidding.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

I hate to tell y'all but this policy is not new. It goes back at least to the Obama administration. I think it's bad but crossing our borders illegally is also bad. What is the solution? Maybe don't bring the kids when trying for asylum illegally. Most of the migrants are not seeking asylum for legitimate reasons.

"Americans care about children. We get upset when we hear stories or see images of children in distress. The problem is, some in positions of power exploit that concern to achieve their political agendas. They use words and show images that donít reflect the truth."
    http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...rder-advocates
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

But many are taking their children and attempting immunity legally at the border. They are leaving horrendous situations. What parent would leave their child behind in such peril? There does need to be due process, but keep families together while doing so. That seems pretty simple compared to what the government is doing to them now.

So glad we have the right to express our opinions freely.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I hate to tell you but crossing the borders illegally is a different issue than seeking asylum.
    Seeking asylum is not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon View Post
    I hate to tell y'all but this policy is not new. It goes back at least to the Obama administration. I think it's bad but crossing our borders illegally is also bad. What is the solution? Maybe don't bring the kids when trying for asylum illegally. Most of the migrants are not seeking asylum for legitimate reasons.

http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...rder-advocates

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeSilverback View Post
    I hate to tell you but crossing the borders illegally is a different issue than seeking asylum.
    Seeking asylum is not illegal.
    This I know however... there are legal ways to seek asylum and crossing the border illegal is not one of them. I was addressing an earlier post about asylum seekers.
    http://checkyourfact.com/2018/06/20/...illegal-entry/
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Excuse me, this has been a deliberate plot full of lies and deceptions to "deter" asylum seekers. They were turned away from legal ports of entry and forced into the the hands of corrupt coyotes and the INS/HHS trap, separated, given different file numbers with kids shipped all over the country by HHS complete with lies to the airlines about who they were. It was very deliberate. When Trump was elected, crossings dropped, although Obama was indeed the deporter in Chief. Recently they rose back to previous levels, driving the megalomaniac in Chief wild.

He, Steven Miller, and Jeff Sessions ( are you listening I.D.) added the separation of kids from parents through a DOJ order, IT IS NOT the same law, but it is so screwed up now they are happy. Have a heart. Imagine a parent(yourself) so desperate in a country run by gangs and murder, family losses that you take it upon yourself to risk walking from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala through a dangerous Mexico run by cartels all the way to the border. These are not people with money, they are running and starving for their lives. Could you do it? You clowns who "blame the criminal parents" deserve their fate. Oh by the way, Trumps policies designed to keep you safe are tying up prosecutors and LEO while the pros in the cartels flood the streets with heroin make hay. You cannot divert resources working on drug enforcement to terrifying asylum seekers without letting more drugs in.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Unfortunately these are not reasons to grant asylum. That is why we need immigration reform. I'm all for legal immigration.

Imagine a parent(yourself) so desperate in a country run by gangs and murder, family losses that you take it upon yourself to risk walking from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala through a dangerous Mexico run by cartels all the way to the border