Any comments about the children being separated from their parents in Texas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any comments about the children being separated from their parents in Texas?

Default Any comments about the children being separated from their parents in Texas?

I thought sure someone would come on Geekfest and comment about this carnage going on. What sort of a nation have we become to do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    ... What sort of a nation have we become to do something like this?
    Actually the question should be why have we not evolved as horrific policies have been a part of US policy for much of our history. In the meantime, contact your elected reps and express your opposition to this current administration POLICY of removing children from families at our southern border.

(PS I had a much longer post but it got lost when Geekfest logged me out prematurely...)

Here's the email I sent to Boozeman, Womack and Cotton:

I am writing to express my outrage at the current policy of separating children from from asylum seeking families. Thanks to the Republican Party, under the leadership to Donald Trump and his running dog lackeys our country has reached another moral low tide mark and is an embarrassment on the world stage.

Since the supreme court ruled in favor of Citizens United our country has moved from being a democracy to an oligarchy. Since the election of Donald Trump we have sunk further to becoming a fascist-oligarchy. In my opinion, we won't need to travel much further down this path until we arrive at a system which will be akin to full-blown Naziism.

Please find some moral courage and exhibit a modicum of leadership if you are able.

- bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I'm not sure I expected anything different when trump was installed. Of course I'm outraged - I have now been outraged since November 2016. I'm exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    I'm not sure I expected anything different when trump was installed. Of course I'm outraged - I have now been outraged since November 2016. I'm exhausted.
    Same with me and bikeguy, perfect email

Now my "kids" are in their 30s.

Thinking back 20 years ago or so, if the government tried to take my kids away for some flimsy political reason, I'd shoot to kill and not have a second thought about it. Of course, in today's climate I know I'd be killed on the spot, but at least I'd have some satisfaction of taking a few of those bastards with me.

So a good historical search on the Google is why didn't the Jews fight back?
    - bikeguy

I think that someone needs to explain to the parents exactly what illegal means. Americans who sneak across their border are made painfully aware of how that works.

Please explain Americans who sneak over the border .
    - bikeguy

Not sure that they call it sneaking but I have read about people who mistakenly go across the border and are in a ton of trouble when they get there.

What sort of “trouble” are those “sneaky Americans” falling into which equates to 5 year olds being separated from their parents and put in cages to sleep on the floor? What is this mysterious “trouble” that you imply we are emulating?

Look, I’m in agreement that we need to address the issue of illegal immigration. I have no objection to some sort of common sense legislation that imposes penalties on the ADULTS who come here illegally and commit crimes or otherwise disrupt our ever-so-sterile system, but I draw the line way WAY before using kids as political hostages to get what I want.

I’m both flabbergasted and amazed to what lengths ideologues will go to blindly follow their party masters...and it doesn’t even make a damned bit of sense! The same party who absolutely insists that gay folks ought not be able to adopt children because kids are critically harmed by not having a nuclear family consisting of one father and one mother joined in holy matrimony will simultaneously insist that stripping children of both parents at the border is just good policy. I mean WHAT THE FUCK is the moral philosophy here? Though I do not agree with their position, I have countless times defended those who insist that two lesbians raising kids would be detrimental because I understood their base philosophy even though I didn’t agree with it, but I don’t know WTF to say to those who justify this insane policy of separating children with some ideological political bullshit along the lines of, “well, they do it too,” or even worse: “well, it’s everyone else’s fault because they didn’t give us the wall we wanted, so we are willing to LITERALLY hold children hostage to get what we want.” Like thugs.

The only response I can possibly give is to mention in passing that THIS is EXACTLY what creates those terrorists that y’all are always so worried about.

I mean seriously...the party line has been that broken families create poverty, criminal activity, and terroristic affiliations. Is this a self-fulfilling prophecy or what?

Sometimes this world is so fucking stupid I can’t even take it seriously. If I did, I wouldn’t be able to live in it. Please, god, tell me this whole existence is just a jacked up computer simulation.