June 7th - MM Case Finally in Court
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 7th - MM Case Finally in Court

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Lightbulb June 7th - MM Case Finally in Court

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) ó The Arkansas Supreme Court says itíll hear oral arguments over a judgeís decision to prevent the state from licensing companies to grow medical marijuana.Justices on Monday agreed to hear arguments June 7 in the stateís appeal of Pulaski County Circuit Judge Wendell Griffenís decision striking down the licensing process for medical marijuana cultivation facilities. Griffen ruled the process violated the voter-approved constitutional amendment legalizing marijuana for certain medical conditions.
    Griffen ruled in favor of an unsuccessful applicant for a cultivation license that had challenged the commissionís decision to issue permits to five businesses.
    Arkansas regulators have also stopped reviewing applications for businesses that want to sell medical marijuana because of the ruling.
    https://apnews.com/3305440416974708b...marijuana-case
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

As long as the courts are packed with right wing judges, we can expect very little positive until their Cayman accounts fill up with bribes. Corruption is cool now - the pres will pardon it as long as he gets his cut.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

I predict this will drag on.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I predict this will drag on.
    you mean toke on?

The state will probably need to be sued in federal court for dragging it's feet on an issued already decided by the voters. It is unlikely anything will happen until the cost of doing nothing exceeds the cost of doing their job.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

I'd usually look for details on the arktimes.com web sight ,but they've enhanced their paywall - so nothing to see there.

Also, the Arkansas AG website doesn't provide much transparency either.
    - bikeguy

In case you were wondering.........
    More corruption here
    Apologies for the long URL
    Had to hack em to get in.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...20commissioner

This will work its way through the court system in the next five to seven years.

Not to worry. Everything will just be fine.
    - bikeguy

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    This will work its way through the court system in the next five to seven years.

Not to worry. Everything will just be fine.
    Sorry for those of you undergoing chemo and none of the nausea drugs works for you, or those of you with chronic pain who have to take dangerous amounts of opiods.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

I don't expect to get out of this alive. Just thought it might be possible to have the last years be somewhat more comfortable.

Has anyone read or heard about the MM hearing start yesterday?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.