Amazon Echo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Echo

Quote Originally Posted by ken_in_dfw View Post
    I think it's cute that y'all think there is such a thing as privacy in the 21st century.
    I guess we'll go back to using 'dead drops' - message in a bottle hidden under a rock.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I can't get over and am still studying the magic of a refrigerator magnet.
    shuggie

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    I can't get over and am still studying the magic of a refrigerator magnet.
    Did you know that the refrigerator magnets only cling to vinyl siding over on Magnetic Road? Or maybe that's only true when I visit my alternate universe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

George Orwell posited a future with universal surveillance. He never imagined we'd be lining up and paying hundreds of dollars for the privilege of having the newest and greatest tracking devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dilfield View Post
    George Orwell posited a future with universal surveillance. He never imagined we'd be lining up and paying hundreds of dollars for the privilege of having the newest and greatest tracking devices.
    But, I have candy! And it's almost free. It's the best candy ever, Ray.
    Last edited by bikeguy; 06-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I saved the whole first year of the CITIZEN which was the best example of capitalistic marketing of a product which was within my ability to collect.
    Ben and Jerry, Celestial Seasonings, America Spirits ( I have two of their tin boxes filled with two different years of their cig. cards ) and the Citizen all sold out.

My Sherri mgn. the First Mellow Mushroom in Atlanta....they sold out too.
    shuggie

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    I get it, LW. Remember when we didn't carry phones with us 24/7? Why, heck, we didn't even have an answering machine. If you weren't home when someone called, they had to try again later, or just come knock on your door if it was that important. I liken this escalation of privacy instrusion to boiling a frog.
    I was at my class reunion this weekend and my friends were horrified when I admitted that I do not own a cell phone. Don't plan to get one either. One "girl" asked to ride with us. "Okay but you need to meet us at the hotel". She was so engrossed in her text messaging that I had to go knock on her car window to get her in our car.

We laughed when we discussed leaving her there to find herself late for the picnic. Before it was over I kinda wished we had.