Summer reading 2018 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer reading 2018

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by TerriBradt View Post
    pdf. Busch Arkansas 72620 by yours truly. I'm running out of hard copies of the book, and I just want to share it with you all!

http://www.terribradt.com/Busch%202.pdf
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

TB, I really enjoyed reading about Busch's history. It told me many things I didn't know and I appreciate your sharing the book! Thank you.

Hoping you can get the state to replace the Busch sign
    that was lifted several months ago. The west bound sign. TY.

Yes, Ozarks history. Here's one you can read for free on online, just by going to my website link and reading the pdf. Busch Arkansas 72620 by yours truly. My website is mostly empty right now except for some pdfs, so don't try to go to the website. I'm running out of hard copies of the book, and I just want to share it with you all!

http://www.terribradt.com/Busch%202.pdf

Shortly after I released my Busch book in 2009, a man contacted me, excited, because he was the one who had the signs put up, as well as signs in other communities in Carroll County. I believe it was Charles Horton, a doctor at Mercy in Berryville. Here is his website documenting many communities in Carroll County,

http://carrollcountyar.com/busch.php

I have long lost contact with Dr. Horton.

Dr. Horton is still practicing at Mercy in BV.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Looking through my email correspondence with Dr. Horton, I saw that in 2010 he wrote me that he noticed that sign was missing. Has it been missing that long? If so, apparently he didn't manage to have the state replace it.

NO. It has been missing about four months.
    Who can get this sign back up?

Looking through my email correspondence with Dr. Horton, I saw that in 2010 he wrote me that he noticed that sign was missing. Has it been missing that long? If so, apparently he didn't manage to have the state replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzy View Post
    I'm reading "Out of the Delta" by Zeek Taylor!
    I ordered it and have read it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband was going to read it but yesterday he told me that he no longer needs to go to the trouble since I've already told him everything that's in the book.

I'm getting lots of reading done by staying inside out of the heat! From the Great American Read list I've just finished "Bless Me, Ultima" by Rudolfo Anaya and "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston. Both are haunting, fascinating tales set within mythic, folk traditions.

I got disgusted with Walmart book section. Every time I wanted a new release I would have to wait months before they would get it in. The nearest bookstore is twenty miles from my house. I found the Thriftbooks website and now I order everything from them. I get mostly used books but have ordered several new ones, too. Shipping is free for a ten dollar purchase and no tax is charged. Most older books are $3.79.

My problem now is storing them until I can get them to the people who want them. My laundry room looks like a branch of the library.