Summer reading 2018
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer reading 2018

Default Summer reading 2018

Just finished Stephen Kings The Outsider.

Way too "woo woo" for me even considering it's a Stephen King book. Had to force myself to finish it.

So, what are y'all reading this summer?
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Smack dab in the middle of "The Women", which is about the wives of Frank Lloyd Wright. I've always thought that FLW was a genius architect, but oh!, those women he married!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. Can't go wrong with her books. Very well researched, topics for everyone, and extremely well written. Love the different perspectives of all the characters, her niche.

I'm reading "Out of the Delta" by Zeek Taylor!

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

The Disappeared by C J Box. I just recently heard of him and the series he's written about a game warden named Joe Pickett. I didn't know if I'd be interested but after a few pages of book one, I was hooked. So far there are eighteen books in the series. I'm now on number eighteen and wish there were many more.

Pursuant to my daughter's recommendation, I've started to read Stephen King's "Doctor Smoke".

This is a sequel to King's, "The Shining". Although it's been 35 years or more since I read The Shining, I remember enough to follow the new book pretty well.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

Harry Potter series. I refused it when the boys were younger and I never watched the movies either. This year, they harped on me until I agreed to read the first one out of a sense of nostalgia stemming from Dalton’s graduation. I’m now in the middle of Deathly Hallows and have thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

A little Ozarks history, When Money Grew on Trees by David Mac
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

Yes, Ozarks history. Here's one you can read for free on online, just by going to my website link and reading the pdf. Busch Arkansas 72620 by yours truly. My website is mostly empty right now except for some pdfs, so don't try to go to the website. I'm running out of hard copies of the book, and I just want to share it with you all!

http://www.terribradt.com/Busch%202.pdf