Summer reading 2018 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer reading 2018

Grayfox,
    I'll look into books at Thrift store website, I like the suggestion. I currently find books @ the ES library or I purchase books @ Amazon, Ebay or almost anywhere else, however, I too gave up purchasing books at Walmart or Sams Club.
    Recently I saw Sellbackyourbook.com but haven't tried it yet. I normally give the books I've read to ES library so they can resale.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkside View Post
    Grayfox,
    I'll look into books at Thrift store website, I like the suggestion. I currently find books @ the ES library or I purchase books @ Amazon, Ebay or almost anywhere else, however, I too gave up purchasing books at Walmart or Sams Club.
    Recently I saw Sellbackyourbook.com but haven't tried it yet. I normally give the books I've read to ES library so they can resale.
    I don't drive any more so I try to do as much by mail as possible. I have three people who I give the books to once I've read them. If I get too many before I get around to those three I just drop the books off at AmVets with the rest of my donations.

At Thriftbooks you get a $5 coupon every time you accumulate $50 in purchases. You can use the coupon on future purchases. I order a lot and haven't had any problems. A while back one book didn't come but I emailed them and got a reply that same day saying my book was replaced and had been mailed. I got it soon afterward.

Other than reference books, I haven't bought a hard copy book in years. I love my iPad and downloaded Amazon books.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    Other than reference books, I haven't bought a hard copy book in years. I love my iPad and downloaded Amazon books.
    My eyes get tired quickly looking at a small screen. No problem; I use our library system or sometimes find gems at thrift stores.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Maybe I'm weird (as if there's any doubt)but I can't get into reading on a screen. I need pages to turn. There are several sites that offer free books but I've never taken part in them.

I never go anywhere without a book. I especially want my own book in doctors offices or other places where I might have a long wait. How many times have we gotten halfway through an article in a magazine and gotten called to a treatment room? I wised up and now I never have that problem.

DB and GF,
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

The Memory Man series by David Baldacci - great who done it detective novels. Bet you can't read just one.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I read IN THE DISTANCE by Hernan Diaz. I enjoyed the book.

There you go!! Out of the Ozarks... Zeek Taylor
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb