Susie Kottmeier

Thread: Susie Kottmeier

Default Susie Kottmeier

Just wanted to let some of you old timers who knew Susie know that she passed. I’m raising a drink 🥃
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

i will raise one also. I saw her and Doyle several weeks ago and we got to hug and giggle. What a dame!

How about short bio please.

Susie was last seen Friday & found dead, last night. She had 2 very loved dogs. I have no idea how many days the dogs were unattended. Unfortunately, I had to send one of them, Hector, her beloved Basset (Susie always had a Basset) to the “Bridge.” Susie had been unable to provide the proper care in the last year or two. The other dog, Fritzie, will be taken by a mutual friend. She is currently at Berryville Vet. I am having her groomed & vetted so she’ll go to her new home clean & as healthy as possible. I think she will most likely lose an eye. She’s going to end up costing hundreds of dollars that I will have a really hard time with. Her new owner knows her & loves her & will give her a good home but he has nothing extra, either. So, if anyone wants to really honor Susie & make a donation to her dogs’ care in her memory, please do, direct to Berryville Vet 870 423 6178 I’d certainly appreciate it & so would Susie.

Thanks, all of you
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

My husband and I live down the road from Susie, have for many, many years. In the last couple of years we haven't seen as much of her, and knew her health was failing, but certainly didn't expect this. I am heartbroken that Susie was alone, and the dogs were in there with her after she passed. The detective on the case was so very caring, and worried about the dogs, so the fact that you were able to take them and get them the care they needed was a relief for both he and all her neighbors. We knew the dogs would stick around the house, we couldn't leave them inside and sure enough...we stopped to give them water and food yesterday morning and they were the loyal pets staying right on the porch. Susie would have surely understood your decision to let Hector go, and I am so glad that Fritz will have the opportunity to be in a loving home. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your compassion. Donation made to Berryville Vet in Susie's honor.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochiesmomma View Post
    ... Donation made to Berryville Vet in Susie's honor.
    I just heard, a few minutes ago, of two donations but didn’t find out who one of the donators were so, thank you so much! Please PM me & tell me who you are.

The detectives were absolutely wonderful, waiting around for some time until I could get there. They did tell me that neighbors had fed & watered the dogs. Poor Hector was not in good shape, hadn’t been for some time but Susie just couldn’t let him go... this ordeal was just too much, I had to let him go, I stayed with him until the very end. Broke my freakin heart. This whole situation was just awful, a situation that Susie & I had spoken about, specifically, many, many times. Most folks of a certain age, who live alone with pets, have this nightmare.

Here’s my two-part message: first, if you live alone, with or without pets, please have contact with a specific someone every day or two, even if it’s nothing more than getting up in the morning & texting “alive.” Second, if you live alone & have pets, MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR PETS IN CASE YOU SHOULD UNEXPECTEDLY FUCKING DIE!!!

Sent you a pm...

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

I've always had pets, but I've seen this type of thing happen too often. And I feel so bad for the pets that outlive their human.... they are devastated and mourn so sadly. So, I decided that when the cat and dog I had for 10 years passes, there will be no more. (I'm looking at 70 and not in the greatest of health.) AliBaba died suddenly at Christmas, so no more doggies. Kimmie Kat is still here and will probably outlive me by 75 years! But, no kidding, I'm bound and determined to stick with this. And I feel good about my choice.

Thanks, Island, for handling this anguishing situation. I sure know it was tough.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I didn't know Susie but I am certainly glad she had neighbors that stepped in to help out as well as islandvideo (I don't know if you were one of the neighbors?). I know from past incidents with animals over the years that islandvideo steps up when animals need help, so I want to express my thanks to you, islandvideo.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

It’s amazing what some closure can do for a person – or for a dog.
    Sadie, a 13-year-old border collie-dalmatian-shepherd mutt, had been mourning the loss of her best friend and owner who recently passed away from a heart attack.

Sadie had been the man’s loyal companion since he adopted her as an 8-week-old puppy.

See the rest of this story that goes along with this conversation:

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/depr...rce=21-05-2018
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.