Early Voting Monday May 7 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Early Voting Monday May 7

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I just voted in the Republican primary and did not immediately self combust. ​There is no god!
    Some years back I voted in the (R) primary, I still get mailers from them. Seems they are under the impression that if you vote in their primary, you're one of them....

On the brink of insanity, but send my mail to Holiday Island

I voted early today. Sample ballots to look at are taped up in the hallway.
    The new machines are nice, easy & fast. I was pleased & impressed.
    Know your candidates and know your issues.
    May the best women win. LOL
    And men too... I just had to say that, keeping in mind that more women than ever, all across our country, are seeking office.
    "The hand that rocks the cradle, is the hand that rules the world."
    Except for the office of govetnor in Arkansas. GO JARED HENDERSON!
    You might smudge the liar out of me but never the stupid!-MotherMoon12

On the brink of insanity, but send my mail to Holiday Island

You can also early vote in Bur'vul on Saturdays, 10-4.
    You might smudge the liar out of me but never the stupid!-MotherMoon12

I am voting in the republican primary
    for Bryan King. I also get to vote against ASA.

Becs, was voting on paper still offered?
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

IV - you don't get a choice. You must vote on the electronic machine. The new electronic machine prints a paper ballot which you then place in a slot so it can be deposited who knows where.

Since this is the first time we've voted this way, I would like a hand count of the paper ballots to double check on the integrity of this new system.

I don't trust nobody to accurately count the vote - least of all a machine.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

Well that sucks. Voting a paper ballot was one of the major reasons Iíve been voting early. Seriously, that sucks. Not happy.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    IV - you don't get a choice. You must vote on the electronic machine. The new electronic machine prints a paper ballot which you then place in a slot so it can be deposited who knows where.

Since this is the first time we've voted this way, I would like a hand count of the paper ballots to double check on the integrity of this new system.

I don't trust nobody to accurately count the vote - least of all a machine.
    From what I’m reading the machine marks a paper ballot for you which it spits out and you look at to confirm and then place in a slot, as you say. At the end of the day they’re all hauled off and fed into a tabulator which counts the votes. They don’t actually record votes.

Best I can remember, the old “paper ballots” that were used before were marked by hand with a sharpie and fed into a slot which at the end of the day were hauled off and fed into a tabulator which counted the votes. So I don’t see much difference there other than I’m assuming the new machines won’t vote for two people for the same office or otherwise spoil your ballot, which was possible before.

The machines that were used before actually kept a tally of the votes recorded on it and had to be tabulated separately from the machine counted paper ballots and added to that vote tally, which is one of the reasons results from the county didn’t come out until the wee hours of the morning.

I don't think ballots have have been hand counted in a long time, unless there’s a recount.

http://harrisondaily.com/news/carrol...137209caa.html

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Thanks, Middleman. Everything you said makes sense. I've always been a paper ballot person, but it seems the new system is acceptable. Until it isn't
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    Anyone know where I can go to find out my primary choices in Berryville?
    KY3 had all the sample ballots in PDF form on their web site. I printed ours out.
    http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Samp...481278451.html
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill