DOWN Hill RACING
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOWN Hill RACING

Cool DOWN Hill RACING

If WE shut up about it......someone is sure to get hurt or even DIE...again in our city from BIKE racing.

Mother nature will regrow at least something where the FIRE WOOD boz working for PARKS have cut.
    But it takes a woman 9 month plus at least 18 years to replace a human.
    Adolescence lasts until one is 25 years old!

As we, a city have a reputation for our NATURAL SETTING attractiveness, do we want to get all of that Free Press which naturally follows when a guest of ours gets seriously injured or Killed from injuries while ....play racing?

Question?
    Are folks more attracted to our Central Park because of that shiny rather new BASIN PARK sign than they were when colorful clad children and adults with hand made goods for sale gathered there to strike up a tune or two, play games, and mingle while giving visitors directions. Many a time after the few bars closed we would give them a ride back to their sleeping abode if Fuzzy was other wise engaged.. or not. We had fun with them poor or rich even if they were from Texas.
    Well, if it rained a free large garbage bag to those unprepared or a ride for even a Texan...because them melting was a fearful sight to behold. (In memory of THE MOLLY)

Sure would like those electric cars back!
    Last edited by shuggie; 04-19-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: dull drivel of late among the only source of scarcasm in print locally, thanks, Kim!
    shuggie

Fighting deep pockets about what they do on their own property is an expensive proposition.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    Fighting deep pockets about what they do on their own property is an expensive proposition.
    We were able to keep the mini-WM out of Eureka, but I think that this downhill thang is a whole 'nuther ball o' worms.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    I agree. Ignorance is a sticky subject for discourse too.
    But regardless we all drink the same water, haul way ALL trash, and breath the same CO2 in the heat of slow moving vehicles in the good ole Summer time.
    And for the collateral damage to safety and life from someone making a bunch from such an enterprise we will not know but merely lament each passing, grieve, then slowly adjust. The same way we try to every time these hills are logged bald.

Along with that if we take for 'granite' there will always be WARS and rumors of WARS......well, I feel that to, to be a patriarchal prophecy.
    shuggie

Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    I agree. Ignorance is a sticky subject for discourse too. But regardless we all drink the same water, haul way ALL trash, and breath the same CO2 in the heat of slow moving vehicles in the good ole Summer time. And for the collateral damage to safety and life from someone making a bunch from such an enterprise we will not know but merely lament each passing, grieve, then slowly adjust. The same way we try to every time these hills are logged bald. Along with that if we take for 'granite' there will always be WARS and rumors of WARS......well, I feel that to, to be a patriarchal prophecy.
    Thanks Shuggie, you add balance to this old world.

Sent from my Dick Tracy, two-way, wrist radio.
    "Ride On"

Injury and possible death is part of high-impact sports like mountain biking, skiing, etc. It is something the user understand and accepts.

I just hope liability insurance is in place when the families want answers/payment after their loved one gets injured or killed. How do Ski parks(that lease government land) handle the situation? What is the standard for other mountain biking down hill courses on public property? Every course I've been to has been organized by a private entity, leasing the property from the government.

Are these mountain bikers signing waivers? Does anyone orchestrating this have any clue?

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by be_conscious View Post

Are these mountain bikers signing waivers? Does anyone orchestrating this have any clue?
    I'm sure that the CAPC has all the answers and everything is covered - including the sinkhole that should have a mandatory 500' radius of clearance for human safety and bat/salamander survival.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

So what did the bid come to for the 1st Class Trauma Center?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    I'm sure that the CAPC has all the answers and everything is covered - including the sinkhole that should have a mandatory 500' radius of clearance for human safety and bat/salamander survival.

Okay -- I give up.... I can't follow all the cabalistic threads of evil powers that are winding they way through the institutions of Eureka... I've tried, but I can't keep them all straight... So, usually at least there are the good guys and the bad guys, but best I can tell from hanging around geekfest and certain Eureka haunts, it seems that they are all bad guys. So....I'd like to know: 1) Are there any good guys at work here, and 2) Who the hell are they? I know Pat Costner is one of the good guys, but who else? Geekfest only seems to call out the bad guys, so with the exception of Pat, I am clueless. Anybody out there who can help out on this topic? Or is it worse than I think and we are really in the fourth ring of hell...?

(I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread... it was supposed to have gone in the "School Board" thread... I'm going to repost it over there, but if any of you on this thread have any insight or answers to my questions, I would be most appreciative.)
    Last edited by minniemouse; 04-23-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    mm