School board - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School board

Okay -- I give up.... I can't follow all the cabalistic threads of evil powers that are winding they way through the institutions of Eureka... I've tried, but I can't keep them all straight... So, usually at least there are the good guys and the bad guys, but best I can tell from hanging around geekfest and certain Eureka haunts, it seems that they are all bad guys. So....I'd like to know: 1) Are there any good guys at work here, and 2) Who the hell are they? I know Pat Costner is one of the good guys, but who else? Geekfest only seems to call out the bad guys, so with the exception of Pat, I am clueless. Anybody out there who can help out on this topic? Or is it worse than I think and we are really in the fourth ring of hell...?
    mm

NO, of course not everyone in power in Eureka are evil.
    But, I would like to remind those who are interested in this property, that the current School Board recently considered GIVING IT AWAY to the City of Eureka Springs. Why? I can't even imagine. Luckily, Eureka didn't want it, for obvious reasons. So, instead we are stuck with a 20 year owner financing to folks who will be about 80 or 90 years old by then. The School Board with even more Foundation individuals on it could vote to give it to them now, and just "forgive" the loan. You could see this coming, from the beginning. It doesn't help to complain, though. It barely helps to vote. But that is our only recourse it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
    Okay -- I give up.... I can't follow all the cabalistic threads of evil powers that are winding they way through the institutions of Eureka... I've tried, but I can't keep them all straight... So, usually at least there are the good guys and the bad guys, but best I can tell from hanging around geekfest and certain Eureka haunts, it seems that they are all bad guys. So....I'd like to know: 1) Are there any good guys at work here, and 2) Who the hell are they? I know Pat Costner is one of the good guys, but who else? Geekfest only seems to call out the bad guys, so with the exception of Pat, I am clueless. Anybody out there who can help out on this topic? Or is it worse than I think and we are really in the fourth ring of hell...?
    It certainly does seem that there's no sunshine in Eureka. Evil bastards run everything, and what isn't run by evil bastards right now, they are trying to get their gnarled talons into. Darkness, gloom, despair... I think it has more to do with the cloud over the whole country - so much winning.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
    Yes Dorothy there are good guys and gals and they and their goodness abound. And you don't have to look far to find them, Geekfest is laden with them. The people behind the screen times that give quietly and tirelessly of themselves, their time, the money, their voices to help their community, friends and neighbors. And in the town and surround beyond Geekfest you can't throw a rock, but don't because it's rude, without hitting someone that hasn't done their best to improve a situation. Or call attention to a concern. Perhaps the "bad guys" aren't that bad but seem so, as their small manipulations and power grabs seem exaggerated in juxtaposition with balance of good being so abundant.

And yes the thorns in our side get more attention and convos than the people we should canonize, some of that can be chalked to human nature. But some of that can be chalked to previous successes in calling out the "bad guys" with voices so ardent that they pack up and go.

To your original question, I could easily list dozens of good guys/gals for you, but I know I'd wake up in the middle of the night and think, "Oh shit I forgot to add so and so."
    Stay woke.

Start Now, please.
    shuggie

Harrie Farrow

Your turn
    Stay woke.

She's already running for a justice of the peace position on the County Quorum Court.... She probably would have her hands full enough right there. lol!
    mm

Moyer's community center? If this is true then no more $$ for the Community Center from me.

It has been a private non profit since day one.

Please know Jack does not run for any office unless there is personal benefit involved. He has a serious conflict of interest in being on the Board and very influential in the old school "community center" whose main project is the commercial development and making decisions on the school board that financially affect the other project.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb