Property values
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Property values

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,606

    Default Property values

    When I stopped spending full time at Holiday Island, property values had already fallen by a third. We expected the cycle to reverse itself so held the house for a while. I see no sign that things have improved and the home is starting to need some work. We are considering eating the loss and bailing out this spring.

    Does anyone have a real reason to expect a resurgence in the next few years?
    Last edited by local lurker; 03-21-2018 at 02:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I don't have a qualified opinion on those matters, but have been looking
    for a long term lease out there for a Dr. friend and perhaps myself. PM
    me if you wish to pursue. TY.


    Quote Originally Posted by local lurker View Post
    When I stopped spending full time at Holiday Island, property values had already fallen by a third. We expected the cycle to reverse itself so held the house for a while. I see no sign that things have improved and the home is starting to need some work. We are considering eating the loss and bailing out this spring.

    Does anyone have a real reason to expect a resurgence in the next few years?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the northern 'burbs of Dallas
    Posts
    973

    Default

    All I know is that the relatively depressed property values in western Carroll County are figuring mightily into the equation as to whether we build or not. I'll try to remember this thread in about three weeks when we've got our house bid and a fair market value estimate on the proposed house "built to spec."

    What I do know is that the real estate market there is definitely out of whack with most of the rest of the country, even as compares to the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers corridor.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Thanks for your comments all. Got it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    There is very little residential property available in Eureka Springs and commercial property is selling as well. I suspect that as the demand increases in Eureka with not enough supply, folks will once again look to Holiday Island and other nearby locations.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingdom of Bobdamnistan
    Posts
    5,458

    Default

    I don't know if this relates to property values, but calls about rental properties are really slow. Very slow.
    - bikeguy

    DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,831

    Default Last Stop

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I don't know if this relates to property values, but calls about rental properties are really slow. Very slow.
    Coastal Real Estate money finds bargains here and spends their bonanza. Selling and moving require taking a hit or making a lateral move to rural tiny towns. If you love the natural beauty, you all set, if not you should have moved in 2007. Vegas, Cali, and even Detroit would have made you money smart. Not to mention H.I demographics die out. I wouldn't buy in Eureka proper on a bet unless I really loved it. Taxes, infra-structure and the political shit storm don't seem the ideal for an individual.
    Last edited by akerue; 03-23-2018 at 10:53 PM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings
    Posts
    22,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    I wouldn't buy in Eureka proper on a bet unless I really loved it. Taxes, infra-structure and the political shit storm don't seem the ideal for an individual.
    Now, that's a sad commentary, akerue. I'd love to live in downtown Eureka again, but it sure is a lot quieter just about anywhere else. In less than 15 minutes I can be in the heart of everything Eureka, so that makes my choices seem more palatable.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,831

    Default Gotta love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    Now, that's a sad commentary, akerue. I'd love to live in downtown Eureka again, but it sure is a lot quieter just about anywhere else. In less than 15 minutes I can be in the heart of everything Eureka, so that makes my choices seem more palatable.
    Are you saying it's the truth? You, of all people know it is. You can buy it, but it's mismanaged, overtaxed and has a crumbling infrastructure. As a resident you can only hope to pay for the crumbling infra-structure to keep the commercial property going and deal with the never ending mis management. Living in Berryville and visiting, as you know is a far better plan.

    I'd love to live in San Fransisco and be able to afford it. I 'd love to live across from Central Park and be able to afford the neighborhood. Ah, Shit, I'd love to live on the Island devoid of New Yorkers and affordable as I did 45 years ago... just artists and townies.
    Last edited by akerue; 03-24-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings
    Posts
    22,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Are you saying it's the truth? You, of all people know it is.
    Yes, truth. All I have to do is bring back memories of living on Armstrong, working both historical hotels as night auditor, then trying to sleep during the day. Impossible with the big bikes that were invited to overtake the town. I almost bought there, and would have somehow adjusted, but with back/walking problems now, know that I've made the right choice to live on the other side of the Troll Bridge!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •