House leveling

Thread: House leveling

Default House leveling

I have a house that's built on a crawl space and it's started to dip and sag in places. Looking for someone to level it up for me. Suggestions would be appreciated.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

It all depends on what it is worth. Leveling it up "in places" is as vague as it could be expensive. A half-assed job (here and there) could be regrettable. It may be the house needs to be put on a new foundation. Here and there sounds like rot, bad footings or any number of things. A handy-man is not the answer. Go Pro or watch the dips and sags progress. Geekfest and hey I know a guy with a jack may not be your best bet. Best of luck Bikeguy
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Totally agree with Akerue here bikeguy.
    My only experience with this issue so far was our house in Tulsa. There were lots of foundation repair outfits over there, but be aware that none of the reputable ones (good BBB rating; warranty their work) would even come out and look at it without a report from a structural engineer. That’s the first step.

Don't even spend that. Crawl under, check for rot and look at footings... it may be not so bad or it may be gimme a foundation for this place.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Except for the fact that I'll have him completely tied up for the next few months, you couldn't do much better than Randy Fairbanks. He's dealt with very similar issues here in admirable and economic fashion.