PLASTIC Seas oceans and water ways!!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: PLASTIC Seas oceans and water ways!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    20,230

    Exclamation PLASTIC Seas oceans and water ways!!

    I'm keeping all of mine here on the homestead.

    Firstly, other than a non composting toilet, I have done and contributed to everything I know to help save the Polar
    Bears.
    Note;
    There SHOULD BE a deposit on all plastic items of substantial form going to clearing houses to be re-invented into big bubble wrap for insulation or something else.

    The little thin wraps;
    Saved layer upon layer for art supplies transfigurations.

    Industrialization and commerce laid these containers on us for fast Make you fat, ya can't steal this pkg. now.
    shuggie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,812

    Default One of many

    Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    I'm keeping all of mine here on the homestead.

    Firstly, other than a non composting toilet, I have done and contributed to everything I know to help save the Polar
    Bears.
    Note;
    There SHOULD BE a deposit on all plastic items of substantial form going to clearing houses to be re-invented into big bubble wrap for insulation or something else.

    The little thin wraps;
    Saved layer upon layer for art supplies transfigurations.

    Industrialization and commerce laid these containers on us for fast Make you fat, ya can't steal this pkg. now.
    Unfortunately this does not keep me up at night. It would under normal circumstances. Many States do have deposits, we live in a dumb one.
    I can only hope that most of what we make the effort to "recycle" is. I have been on the oceans and shores, seen the landfills and read the reports of temps in Feb over 33 on the North Pole. As we speak they are opening protected (Bear Claw) lands to drilling. With Russians and Koreans making reality shows of nuclear weapons raining on us, runaway corruption in the White House (I don't have the energy to go on), our little shits don't seem to mean much.

    My dear Shuggie, you, me (like a bird on a wire) and Momma Mary's life itself don't seem to tip the scales one grain. We can go down with integrity, we can go down fighting.... but hopeful? Not really. Lift your art up to Hallelujah.
    Jamie
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    20,230

    Heretic Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Unfortunately this does not keep me up at night. It would under normal circumstances. Many States do have deposits, we live in a dumb one.
    I can only hope that most of what we make the effort to "recycle" is. I have been on the oceans and shores, seen the landfills and read the reports of temps in Feb over 33 on the North Pole. As we speak they are opening protected (Bear Claw) lands to drilling. With Russians and Koreans making reality shows of nuclear weapons raining on us, runaway corruption in the White House (I don't have the energy to go on), our little shits don't seem to mean much.

    My dear Shuggie, you, me (like a bird on a wire) and Momma Mary's life itself don't seem to tip the scales one grain. We can go down with integrity, we can go down fighting.... but hopeful? Not really. Lift your art up to Hallelujah.
    Jamie
    But Jamie, when one leaves one's skin behind, isn't that enough fodder for the planet, eternal energy to assist the black matters?
    And let us not forget that last breath. Perhaps it will be about the world's reckoning with dissolvable or editable plastic containers.
    Perhaps it is the thought that matters.
    shuggie

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,812

    Default I defer to your wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    But Jamie, when one leaves one's skin behind, isn't that enough fodder for the planet, eternal energy to assist the black matters?
    And let us not forget that last breath. Perhaps it will be about the world's reckoning with dissolvable or editable plastic containers.
    Perhaps it is the thought that matters.
    I fear the last breath (not mine, I have no fear) of the blue planet will be of human (our) making. I feel robbed of a sense of purpose, but I defer to your wisdom. Love you, Shug.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •