Medicare is wonderful - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medicare is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by HEART View Post
    Thanks Bikeguy...have been curious about how to do it. Do you mind sharing what that supplemental costs?
    I think I'm paying around $124.00 a month for a type "N" plan.

Note: There are Medicare Advantage plans available for little or no charge that will help pay for what Medicare doesn't cover. Your choice of doctors and hospitals maybe limited with an "Advantage" plan.
    Last edited by bikeguy; 02-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

That is good to hear, thanks Bikeguy. And one more question...does Medicaid cost? Is there money deducted from SS? I really don't understand how it works. Say my monthly SS amount is 650/mo. Will I get the full amount?

Sorry to say, but the gov will deduct $134.00 per month from your social security check.

Call Teigen Insurance to find out about supplement plans and Medicare Advantage. 479-363-6242
    Last edited by bikeguy; 02-28-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

Thanks Bob...it is strange to be old enough to consider all this.

I'm a little confused that Medicare paid 99.9% of any bill. I totally agree that medicare was well worth what I paid in. I opted for a co-pay plan (coventry). Does that explain the 19.9% difference between the typical 80% payment or did Medicare just tell them they were way out of line? As to Social Security income we all paid for that too. Indeed it is part of the Obamacare income, but only for disability claims (under 65) if you are single. If you are 65 or older you have Medicare. If you collect Social Security before your time (or a dependents) it counts as household income. It was part of the grand bargain that repubs insisted on. Mine counts too, because it is part of household income on which Obamacare (for my non-Medicare family) is based.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

I tried the Advantage plan and didn't like it at all. I was going to have to change several doctors that weren't included. I dropped it really quick and went back to straight Medicare.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

You need to know if Medicare doesn’t cover something your supplemental won’t either.
    Say a dr orders an MRI or other test and Medicare turns it down your supplemental won’t pay and the total expense will be out of pocket.
    However if Medicare pays part for the precedure...say $80.00 of a $100.00 charge your supplemental, more then likely, will pay the other $20.00.
    So make sure the tests ordered by your Dr are paid for by Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by HEART View Post
    So do y'all have supplemental insurance or just Medicare?
    I have part C. It costs $100 a month and it has served me well. I took your recommendation and made an appointment with the dentist on the square.

Quote Originally Posted by Southwindcome View Post
    I have part C. It costs $100 a month and it has served me well. I took your recommendation and made an appointment with the dentist on the square.
    Thanks for more info on the insurance.
    She did amazing work for me. The most stressful part was getting the mold made. I actually went to Bosnia for a few weeks, just two weeks after the procedure, wearing the temporary denture that you start out with. I don't need to use any product to keep the plate in place. Perfect fit, zero pain.