Thread: Jim Wace Wallace Running for State Senator against Bob Ballinger

Default Jim Wace Wallace Running for State Senator against Bob Ballinger

Best news of the month. Jim Wallace just raised
    $4500 to get on the Democratic ballot against
    Bob Ballinger.

See Bill King's FB page. In less than 24 hours
    $4500 was raised and 53 shares. This is a yuuuge
    step forward for our district.

Go to Bill King's page and donate. Please and thank you.
    Grand Champion Award. Garlic. Horticulture Division. Carroll County Fair 2013.
    Reserve Grand Champion. Marconi Peppers. Horticulture Division. Carroll County Fair 2015.
    Reserve Grand Champion. Garlic. Horticulture Division.Carroll County Fair 2017

ditto!

yeeeeee-hah!!!
    mm

He has my vote, Jim's a great guy!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

I don't know Jim, but if Bill is working for him that's more than enough for me. He's got our votes and support. I wish Sonny and Butch had gotten more help when they ran, Bollinger is... well you all know already. The House is ripe for the flipping and could block some of the more insane stuff. When Asa is the voice of reason you know things are tough.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Amazing that the money was raised practically over night! I'm behind you, Jim! This is gonna be so cool to watch Ballinger squirm. Please keep those damn In God We Trust signs out of Arkansas schools!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

And the guns Deb. I don't do FB, Twitter or Instagram etc.. Does anyone know if Billy still has his g-mail account?

Let's keep this up Top. Bryan King is back in, which could mean a King Ballinger face-off. Question? Who is running for Bollinger's seat? Can we get a two fer here?
    http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...=news-arkansas

Wallace on guns....

The pain and anguish we are experiencing from so many killed and injured has mounted to a national outrage and rightly so. Some in the media have suggested that our nation has become desensitized to the mass shootings, I contend this is mostly not true. As and EMR and firefighter I attended the Eureka Springs EMS & First Responder Conference this weekend that included an "Active Shooter" session. This presentation grimly noted numerous times that there is no way to stop the next event and so responders must prepare for the next one. To be clear, some would-be killers have been caught and stopped but sadly there will be others stepping up to take their place and these sick people are playing a game of one-upmanship. Many strategies have been developed to train responders and law enforcement to change up their protocols to minimize loss of life. Speaking of firearm regulations specifically, assault weapons, semi-automatic weapons and enhancements of non-semi-automatic weapons such as bump stocks and large clips need to be banned. These firearms are not needed for hunting and are designed for war and conflict zones. Citizens in possession of such equipment should be prohibited by the same strict laws as apply to pipe bombs. Pipe bombs and the like have no practical application and possession of them constitutes an intent to use them, which can result in a jail term of up to twenty years and a $250,000 fine. I would support comparable penalties for assault weapons and altered weapons. A possible exception to an absolute prohibition for automatic weapons being in the hands of citizens could be permitted at qualifying firing ranges. I'm in favor of a common sense approach to comprehensive background checks and a longer waiting period for purchasing firearms to permit Homeland Security, FBI and state police to conduct thorough checks. Arkansas ranks second among the states in per capita registered firearm ownership and many citizens use these tools responsibly in sport, personal protection and humanely in wildlife management so we need to be careful to craft laws to preserve these means. We are in this discussion in large part because of recent school attacks. These attacks are not exclusively committed with automatic or semi-automatic weapons so a more comprehensive approach needs to be implemented. Can we learn anything from Homeland Security (via FAA and TSA) in keeping firearms out of commercial airplanes? The track record there has improved considerably over the years. Consider each day a school opens in the morning as metaphor for a departure on a roundtrip non-stop flight through the friendly skies of education. In the afternoon the plane lands back at the same airfield. If the students were treated like passengers and made to walk through metal detectors, pat down and have their backpacks x-rayed and searched with the same thoroughness perhaps this would deter many perhaps even most attackers. Establishing security at the entry points of the schools doesn't seem to get discussed as a first line of defense as either a substitute or in addition to arming teachers. Admittedly this wouldn't be a cheap solution but we can't afford to lose any of our children so perhaps we could forego the expenditure for a fighter or bomber and transfer the funds to fight this war at home?

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

Re: Wallace on guns...

I'm behind the candidate, so no offense is intended... I'm increasingly aware that the wrong terminology is being used in discussions on guns, in particular semi-automatic weapons. Most all hunters use either a semi-automatic, a pump-action, or a lever-action, all of which hold multiple rounds. Some also use a single shot or a double barrel weapon. All fire one time per pull of the trigger. Fully-automatic weapons fire as long as you hold the trigger down until the magazine, or clip is empty. Guns that are designed with the cooling fins around the barrel & breech are made that way because these are commonly converted to fully automatic. So hunters would just like the candidates & legislators to educate themselves on the topic and the correct terminology if they seriously want to make educated decisions.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison