Susan Chamberlin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan Chamberlin

Default Susan Chamberlin

Susan Chamberlin is my neighbor, and I haven't seen her in awhile. I know she's fighting cancer, and I saw a bunch of cars at her house this morning. Did her house sell, or did she lose her battle with this horrible disease?

I was thinking about Susan yesterday. We arrived in town about the same time.
    Last edited by bikeguy; 02-03-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I hope she's okay! I always enjoyed talking to her when I would run into her at Smith Drug.

From Susan's FB page. Her sister posted:

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know that my sister Susan is settled in at the Circle of Life Hospice facility in Springdale, AR. She is taking visitors (ever the extrovert), but keep in mind that she tires easily. You may also send her cards, letters, and flowers. Thank you all for your love and support. http://nwacircleoflife.com/

Then on Jan. 31:

"My sister is stable and content at Circle of Life Hospice in Springdale, AR. Thank you, everyone, for reaching out to her. There is always someone around to read her the cards and notes you've been sending. She has mostly good days right now, and that is a gift. Our family greatly appreciates your support."

I don't know Susan, but I feel like I do from reading geekfest all of these years. Thanks for posting what was on facebook, Lamont. If anyone sees updates, it would be appreciated if you would share.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Thanks to Geekfest, Susan has been a bright spot in my "real" life outside of Geekfest for about 15 years now! She has been such positive, funny bundle of energy for so many years and it's difficult to see her go through the rough parts of dealing with cancer. I am so glad to see Susan surrounded with family and friends at this stage of her life.
    You still got it going on, sweet cakes - so much love all around you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I remember when Susan came to town. She is a member of a powerful inclusive club I belong to and became an immediate force. A selfless helper with an amazingly sharp mind and spirit and an eloquent and straight forward gift to share it. Onward. I wish I could count the things you said that made many think, think again and think some more. Go forward knowing you truly had a purpose and met it and more. Bless you Susan, I love you,
    Jamie
    Last edited by akerue; 02-05-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Would you mind posting an exact address? Would like to send a card.

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

c/o Circle of Life Hospice ; 901 Jones Rd. Springdale, AR 72762 and hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by 1954 View Post
    Would you mind posting an exact address? Would like to send a card.
    Last edited by erastus; 02-06-2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: it's urgent!
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

Never met a more brave person than Susan Chamberlain, with her winning attitude!
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison