Sparky’s Roadhouse
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparky’s Roadhouse

Question Sparky’s Roadhouse

Do they have wifi?
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

I dunno, but they have great burgers.

Don't think they have wi-fi although it'd be nice if they did.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I wouldn’t if I was them. They usually have a wait, and WiFi would slow table turnover. Drives me nuts when I’m somewhere waiting for a table and everyone is dicking around on their phones and iPads instead of eating and leaving. I always figure up how much that is costing the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Hughes View Post
    I wouldn’t if I was them. They usually have a wait, and WiFi would slow table turnover. Drives me nuts when I’m somewhere waiting for a table and everyone is dicking around on their phones and iPads instead of eating and leaving. I always figure up how much that is costing the restaurant.
    Oh so business smart. If you need it to get people in the door, I guess you do it, but table turnover is the name of the game for owners and staff alike. You are exactly right. Rarely do you see Sparky's idle or in need of customers. Parking, occasionally, but customers rarely. It's bad enuff they cannot avoid the snapchat, intstagram, look at this meal I'm gonna eat, everyone I'm with and a minute by minute look at the artificial life and it's back and forth that too often is at the cost of the actually companions.... It also costs the business in table time.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Hi !

I need a table for twelve.

We'll just have water with a twist and wi-fi.
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

I am still chuckling bikeguy. Even coffeehouses used to be places of personal conversation. Connection, short of internet cafes may need to be monetized or in need of a new social contract.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

I agree with Kendra. I've seen people sit and fool with their little hand held boxes while other people wait for a table. After a while the patrons lose patience and leave. $$$ left with them. This is so rude and self centered. I know the people at the table have a right to be there, but showing a bit of kindness and consideration wouldn't kill them. Now I wait for the "screw you buddy" reply to this post from the rocket scientists.

The menu says SUAE so everybody shut up and eat

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    Now I wait for the "screw you buddy" reply to this post from the rocket scientists.
    Don't think you'll get that feedback, Iguana - this is good 'ol Geekfest, not mean ol' Facebook!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.