Recommendations on storage

Thread: Recommendations on storage

Default Recommendations on storage

Hola Geekfesters! If any of you have recommendations or thoughts on secure, well-maintained storage places in the western half of Carroll County, please DM me or email me at kenjhowardjr (at) gmail (dot) com. I'll need to store a fair amount of our household stuff while we are building on our property next year.

Gracias!

Ken

Try this Ken. I've been happy (twice) with them.
    Very secure. On site manager 24/7
    http://www.beaverstorage.com/beaver-...ge-prices.html

Let me just relay our storage story so perhaps someone else can benefit. When we moved here, we downsized considerably and literally could not give away enough of our stuff to make it fit. We ended up paying $60+ dollars per month to keep it in storage. We kept it there for years. As it turns out, you can buy a storage building with the same amount of space for the same price if you are going to store things for three years - so we did, after we had already spent enough money to buy another one. We had met a lot of families who needed some help in the meantime and were able to get rid of most of the rest of our stuff while we were moving it from rented storage to our brand spanking new storage building, so now we have converted most of the storage building into a little studio. If we had it to do over, we would have just bought the damn building first. If you already own the property, you might want to avoid our mistake and just get an inexpensive pre-made Derkson building set on it - they deliver and set-up as part of the price.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

A good and tempting thought, LW. However, I believe the covenants for the subdivision that convey with the property prohibit storage on unoccupied land. But I will investigate that. The biggest challenge would be putting up enough security to keep the penny-ante thieves out with it being very obvious that nobody with a shotgun was nearby.

It depends on the wording, most allow a "construction" shed, which can also double as storage, particularly if you make it look like a guest houseor large garden shed which will be a permanent part of your property. We have similar covenants here, but nobody had a problem when we put this building in - it's an attractive building and it matches(ish) the house. Unless you have some real giant assholes in your property owners association (a distinct possibility because assholes tend to insert themselves in those organizations) you probably won't have a problem.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ken_in_dfw View Post
    A good and tempting thought, LW. However, I believe the covenants for the subdivision that convey with the property prohibit storage on unoccupied land. But I will investigate that. The biggest challenge would be putting up enough security to keep the penny-ante thieves out with it being very obvious that nobody with a shotgun was nearby.
    If you're building a home I don't think anyone's going to complain, which is how covenant enforcement is initiated.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

Harolds Storage on 23 south. Have rented frim him for 10 yrs. reasonable very secure!!

Lone Pine Storage - Hwy 62 W @ Ozark Automotive . 479-253-7911
    - bikeguy

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN !

A-1 Self Storage in Berryville. Joi Ball....870-480-2298
    ~~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~~