Space heater recomendation

Thread: Space heater recomendation

Default Space heater recomendation

Anyone have a space heater brand they would recommend for a very cold home.
    Kind, size etc.

Default So many questions

So much depends on sq. ft, safety, cost, power source. Please consult an expert. Your comfort, finances and life are all important. I have used wood stoves, ceramic heaters, heat pumps (cool in the summer, heat in the winter) portable and permanent ( mini-splits)... all with success in different situations. It all depends on your situation. You may want to consult with Matt Eastburn about a permanent solution to zone heating/cooling a very cold home. He is the most honest and reliable contractor I have known. Insulation helps, there are programs.. call the County. Best wishes, it is so cold.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

http://www.thecomfybuddy.com/most-en...-space-heater/ - the infrared heaters work pretty efficiently from what I understand, they work differently than standard space heaters. I don't have much experience with them, but when we went to my sisters house in Iowa for Christmas, they had infrared heaters in every room and they seemed to work great.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

Careful plugging in too many of the 1500 watt heaters. Plug them into separate circuits.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

All good advice but not enuff info on situation. I.E. ceramic heaters are good. Infrared can be good. Heat pumps can be good and most definitely plugging too many heaters into one circuit could leave you cold or fried. Just in general it is a great idea to give detail on a situation before asking advice. Even if you don't, there are many who will advise and that combo is a recipe for disaster.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

We have loved our oil filled radiator heaters over the years. The price has come down from the low $50 to mid $30's.

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

Space heaters with resistance elements, which plug in to a 110 volt receptacle, all max out at 1500 watts. The only differences between different brands of these heaters, would be the fan, the appearance, quality of components, noise level, etc. As far as choosing between brands goes, it's fruitless IMO, because almost nothing manufactured these days is dependable.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison