Happy Saturnalia, Merry Christmas, Funky festivus - whatever floats your boat...

Thread: Happy Saturnalia, Merry Christmas, Funky festivus - whatever floats your boat...

Default Happy Saturnalia, Merry Christmas, Funky festivus - whatever floats your boat...

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. May this season find you healthy, well fed, and full of love.

To All My Democratic Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally
    conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday.

Practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination.~ Winston Churchill

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

God Jul
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Duck a'lorange in front of the fire with Christmas movies on the telly. Newton County is still quite beautiful--even in the cold.

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

Everybody at my house is at some stage of that vile virus that’s been going around town. It sounds like a TB ward around here. But it’s been a great holiday. Ham! Fudge! Cookies! Sci-Fi!

We all (who didn’t have a 103 fever) went to the new “Star Wars” on Wednesday and Casey and I put together a Klingon Vor’cha battleship model today. We spent Christmas Eve playing a three generation game of “Cards Against Humanity” and nobody fainted.

It’s been a very fine holiday. Hope ya’ll had a great day!