If you voted for a warmonger, you are a warmonger. ( i want to spell "period". lol - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you voted for a warmonger, you are a warmonger. ( i want to spell "period". lol

in my skin, except when I'm extradimensional

Dabee, I will post whatever the hell I want.
    Jamie, as far as who is a troll, that would be you, fool. Go start your own fuckin thread, dipshit
    I gotta buff up, so I look sexy when they hang me on the cross
    'Change the world, or we'll do it for you'

Harrison has the right to post here as much as does anyone. He is not required to be any more open to feedback than are any of the rest of us. He has always made his point clear, and he is clearly using this as a platform to express his deeply held belief. He can do that. It doesn’t make him a troll and he is not required to take his transmissions through private messaging.

Why am I standing up for him? For a couple of reasons; first because I balk everytime someone bosses someone else around. I have a very strong “You aren’t the boss of me,” gene and it tends to extend to “you aren’t the boss of him either.”

Second, I think dissent is important. I think resistance is important. And unless there is an incitement to riot, I will almost always defend anyone’s right to express their opinion...even if I don’t like my or agree with it. I might debate it. I might outright defy it. But I will always defend their right to say it.

Finally, and least importantly, I agree with him. I’m not nearly as militant as he is, but I certainly understand the demand for better quality leadership and the refusal to accept shitty options just because one is perhaps less shitty than the other. I feel the same way.

I don’t know; maybe my refusal to vote for either shitty candidate makes me unpatriotic in some way. But then again, I did vote...just not for one of the candidates provided by the BS two party system. I don’t feel even a little bit bad about my decision to say “hell no...to either of these clowns.”

My decision wasn’t made from a position of ignorance; I know my shit. My degree is in political science with an emphasis in public administration, and I was on a full scholarship through the poli-sci department based largely on my essays written in that department. I LOVED everything about politics...the leaders, the policy, the separation of powers, all of it.

I don’t anymore. I am not required to participate in something I believe has become a farce. I participate on my terms, because I believe that’s the one remaining decent part of our system; we still have the ability to reject the direction it has taken. We are not required to participate in the same way, so I do no begrudge those of y’all who trudge to the polls and cringing-ly check one of the 2 boxes at the top of the page, but I don’t think doing so makes you a patriot. I don’t think it makes you a more reasonable citizen. I think it makes you contributors to a farce that can only work for as long as most folks agree to play the part of a patsy.

But I don’t think you have to take your conversations about doing so through private messages. It’s cool if you discuss it all right here...and you aren’t even required to listen to any of my feedback about it.

Love all y’all...play nice.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Woe is me - I'm being misunderstood. I had simply answered Harrison's statement: Why do you think I am addressing you?

When he doesn't state that he is addressing someone specifically and I respond, it's not like I can read his mind that he is talking to one person and it's not me. It seems that he is making a general statement to everyone. Of course I think he should make his thoughts known. And I should be able to respond without chastisement. I agreed with him as to his opening statement as you can see in the #2 post. I do play nice and have respect everyone that posts here and the suggestion that stating who he is talking to or to corresponding to them in a PM seems simply common sense.

Also, I appreciate when we can discuss our discussing. It's nice to have conversations in Geekfestland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

WTF inspired this overreaction? All I see is some pretty innocent back & forth that I would consider participation in a dying Forum. You seem to be discouraging that, Kendra. In fact, when I consider your final comment, I don't think you were playing so nicely yourself.
    I thought that by posting, I'm inviting feedback from Geekfest users. How silly of me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Hughes View Post
    Harrison has the right to post here as much as does anyone. He is not required to be any more open to feedback than are any of the rest of us. He has always made his point clear, and he is clearly using this as a platform to express his deeply held belief. He can do that. It doesn’t make him a troll and he is not required to take his transmissions through private messaging.

Why am I standing up for him? For a couple of reasons; first because I balk everytime someone bosses someone else around. I have a very strong “You aren’t the boss of me,” gene and it tends to extend to “you aren’t the boss of him either.”

Second, I think dissent is important. I think resistance is important. And unless there is an incitement to riot, I will almost always defend anyone’s right to express their opinion...even if I don’t like my or agree with it. I might debate it. I might outright defy it. But I will always defend their right to say it.

Finally, and least importantly, I agree with him. I’m not nearly as militant as he is, but I certainly understand the demand for better quality leadership and the refusal to accept shitty options just because one is perhaps less shitty than the other. I feel the same way.

I don’t know; maybe my refusal to vote for either shitty candidate makes me unpatriotic in some way. But then again, I did vote...just not for one of the candidates provided by the BS two party system. I don’t feel even a little bit bad about my decision to say “hell no...to either of these clowns.”

My decision wasn’t made from a position of ignorance; I know my shit. My degree is in political science with an emphasis in public administration, and I was on a full scholarship through the poli-sci department based largely on my essays written in that department. I LOVED everything about politics...the leaders, the policy, the separation of powers, all of it.

I don’t anymore. I am not required to participate in something I believe has become a farce. I participate on my terms, because I believe that’s the one remaining decent part of our system; we still have the ability to reject the direction it has taken. We are not required to participate in the same way, so I do no begrudge those of y’all who trudge to the polls and cringing-ly check one of the 2 boxes at the top of the page, but I don’t think doing so makes you a patriot. I don’t think it makes you a more reasonable citizen. I think it makes you contributors to a farce that can only work for as long as most folks agree to play the part of a patsy.

But I don’t think you have to take your conversations about doing so through private messages. It’s cool if you discuss it all right here...and you aren’t even required to listen to any of my feedback about it.

Love all y’all...play nice.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

My post was a whole lot more about my general disgust with the current state of leadership affairs than it was about the interaction prior to my post, but I did make the reason for my reaction clear. SOG was clear about who he was addresssing; he quoted Akerue and responded to the quote. DaBee directed him to take it to PM and I said he didn’t have to. I certainly didn’t chastise anyone more than they were chastising Harrison, but really, I wasn’t chastising at all. I simply said that he is free to post what he wants. He can. I can. You can.

I typically don’t post anymore...we’re just too damned busy and I never have time to check this board. I only have a bit more recently because I was interested in the night market thread, but the truth is, this is a pretty contentious joint. I fall back into that perhaps just out of habit here. I apologize to those who felt like I overreacted...that was so mild compared to what I used to post!

As you were; see y’all next year sometime.

If you voted for a warmonger, you are a warmonger.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Grace View Post
    If you voted for a warmonger, you are a warmonger.
    And I still agree, Harrison.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Default Well......

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    And I still agree, Harrison.
    Harrison is a troll. It is easy to criticize people who vote (who also have a right Kendra) when you do nothing. As for the comments about fascism they are clown talk. Gaylord, myself and others have been warning of creeping fascism for decades. To be clear I have made no off-lines, as per your defense. To argue that Trump=Obama is great if you don't care about children's health care, environmental regulations (global warming is not real), gay rights, minority rights, voting suppression, endless lies from Trump, draining the swamp by appointing Goldman Sachs to run the cabinet, raising taxes on the poorest, cutting taxes on the richest and so much more, then ya it's all good. Harrison is entitled to his troll, his opinion has been funded by Charlotte, the government and others.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Harrison is a troll. It is easy to criticize people who vote (who also have a right Kendra) when you do nothing. As for the comments about fascism they are clown talk. Gaylord, myself and others have been warning of creeping fascism for decades. To be clear I have made no off-lines, as per your defense. To argue that Trump=Obama is great if you don't care about children's health care, environmental regulations (global warming is not real), gay rights, minority rights, voting suppression, endless lies from Trump, draining the swamp by appointing Goldman Sachs to run the cabinet, raising taxes on the poorest, cutting taxes on the richest and so much more, then ya it's all good. Harrison is entitled to his troll, his opinion has been funded by Charlotte, the government and others.
    What the shit??? Lol
    A) You gave Obama an 8 year pass on the rising fascism.(See my short list of Obama's accomplishments; and add militarization of police forces across the land and "free speech zones)))
    B)Obama pushed GMOs in schools, while making the White House GMO free.
    C)I know you aren't going to portray Obama as an environmental president, thats just hilarious.
    D)Trump hasn't passed any anti-gay legislation, and even if he did, the Supreme Court would shoot it down.
    E)Election fraud?... c'mon, the Dem primary wasn't that far back in history.
    F)Lies and broken promises aren't exclusive to Trump....how quickly some forget.
    G)Obama and $hillary are in Goldman's pocket, as well, go back and look at their top contributors and appointees.
    H)Remember the giant bailout?
    I)I am on my thread, so you are trolling me.
    J)"his opinion has been funded by Charlotte, the government and others"...Charlotte And I broke up about 14 yrs ago, and I guess "she, the government, and others", forgot where to send the checks.

And just what do you think voting for eternal war does to poor people, gays, and the environment. I prefer to free them from tyranny, not muse that they are better off being liberated from the mortal coil.
    And just because I didn't vote for your warmongering corporate shill, does not equate to not voting...thats just in your slave mind.
    Last edited by Son of Grace; 12-16-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

I voted for a warmonger. And I am a total hypocrite. I didn’t want to vote for Trump or Clinton. I made a big whoop te do here about it. And then I stood in line for 2 1/2 hours and decided I couldn’t just..not..vote for something. Didn’t matter. Arkansas had already been called for Trump before I got to the front of the line.

So I’m a warmonger. Blood, gore, guts, veins in my teeth, 8x10 glossies with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. All that.

I’ve been listening to a lot of political books lately. “Shattered” and the “Hacks” book by Donna Brazile. I tried to listed to Clinton’s, “What Happened,” and I couldn’t take it. I took the, for me, rare step of sending that book back for an Audible refund.

You could argue, convincingly, that Clinton would have been better than this mess ...and you would be right, in the sense that the USA wouldn’t be a deadly global embarrassment represented by a septuagenarian toddler. So there’s that.

But I’m not sure the traditional alternative is better in the long run. We pretend that the opioid epidemic is totally different than the crack epidemic; we “evolve” on human rights when it’s convenient; we demand an explanation from every Muslim when some loony fanatic attacks. Loony white guy with the right bumper stickers on his F150? Oh. It’s a mental health issue and he needs help.

I don’t want to go full on Susan Sarandon here but... I guess I am. There is some shit in our national myth that needs to be lanced, drained and disinfected.

See: Alabama. Usually, hating on women, the not-pink-citizens (who are, extra points! citizens!) & gays is plenty enough to be elected as a Republican. Can you imagine a world where Alabama would have just voted as it did if reality hadn’t been dragged out, oozing, on the carpet for a full inspection?

And then there’s the Democrats. Who are...what? Unclear at the moment. Last I heard, the Democrats want everybody to go to college so they can get jobs that don’t exist in cities where you can’t afford the real estate. The Democrats are going to get dragged, oozing, onto the carpet next.

Or not.The point of the moment just seems to be win, win, win 2018! With whom? On the basis of what? Could be anything. There’s a big, wide world full of stuff that is Not Trump. Could be single payer insurance; could be a gilt-free single wide at the trailer park. Who knows? Nobody specifies.

It’s a risky strategy, granted, to let the Idiocracy of politics reach its natural conclusion but I don’t know what other choice we have.

There’s a natural tension between the two big ideas in the US: “You’re on your own and it’s up to you” vs. “We’re all in this together.” That’s, actually, a fertile philosophical argument that reaches into every aspect of citizen-life.

But it’s not a debate we’re having. We’re busy with clickbait. The spell of “Ten weird old facts about Omarosa” has to be derailed somehow. Like with Alabama. “Here are your two dire choices, folks.”

And...ok? Do we not mock these people from our sniffy perch here in Arkansas? Thank BOB we can look down on somebody! Bless their hearts.

But Alabama did not vote as many of us ‘round here might have expected. They decided against the rogue, law-breaking, creeper. I think the overt ridiculousness of modern ...eh... “politics” gave them the freedom to do so.

So I say, let’s blow it up. Risky? Absolutely. But I don’t see any better way to get this Phoenix from the Ashes thing in motion.