Camera

Thread: Camera

Default Camera

I see even old non working cameras are listed in Ebay, but I don't do Ebay. If anyone wants a Brownie Twin 20, let me know....maybe you could get something for it.

Camera leaving for a new home...........

Thanks, 1954. It's a beaut! It will be right at home alongside my other cameras "of a certain age".
    --Grunch
    "Knowledge is good." --John Faber: Philosopher, Educator, Founder of Faber College (Animal House)

I said it doesn't work, am wondering if it is just jammed...maybe still has film in it. Have you checked?

It seems to work. The shutter actuates and the film knob turns and cocks the shutter, as it should. No film in it. I don't have any 620 film; no longer available, I think. However, one can easily respool 120 film onto 620 cores (which I have several of, and one was in the camera) and 120 is still available from specialty suppliers (about $4 per roll.) Unfortunately, I can no longer see well enough under low light to do darkroom work, so...it may be that the camera's retirement days will be more display than work. This winter, though, if I get real ambitious (ha!) maybe I'll run a roll or two through and develop them just to see. Loading the film is a total darkness operation, and development is under room light, so the visual impairment doesn't affect film developing, just print making.
    --Grunch
    "Knowledge is good." --John Faber: Philosopher, Educator, Founder of Faber College (Animal House)