free organic garbage for composting

Thread: free organic garbage for composting

Default free organic garbage for composting

I do a lot of juicing of vegetables and use mostly organic vegies, so I have a lot of good, organic pulp that makes wonderful compost.
    (Jerry Landrum came and got some once and said he grew the best tomatoes he's ever had with it.)
    I am not allowed to have a compost pile where I live at Victoria Woods complex in Eureka, so all this great garbage is going in the trash and being wasted.
    If anyone is interested in retrieving it from me on a weekly or biweekly basis and putting it to good use, you are welcome to it.

Is it too late to jump on this wonderful garden treat ? If not, I could take it off your hands once or twice a week... P.M me if possible. Thanks

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Aquene - don't you miss all the good chewy pulpy parts of your fruits and vegetables? I tried juicing and it tasted great, but I felt the need to bite into and chew on stuff. If I lived closer I'd appreciate using your pulp as compost. Bet the worms would frolic in it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Default Free Compost

Hi Tessie,
    It's still available. I would love it if you can come and get it once or twice weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesspie View Post
    Is it too late to jump on this wonderful garden treat ? If not, I could take it off your hands once or twice a week... P.M me if possible. Thanks

Hi DaBee, I have TMJ See: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350941
    ...and can't chew much, so juicing is the best way to go for me. I still get some of the fiber in the juice, and I often blend some soft whole fruits or vegies into the juice, as well. Most of the nutrients are in the juice, and as long as I'm getting enough fiber, it's fine. It looks like Tesspie is interested in the compost, and I've PMed her, so hopefully that will work out. It will be great to have it going to good use!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    Aquene - don't you miss all the good chewy pulpy parts of your fruits and vegetables? I tried juicing and it tasted great, but I felt the need to bite into and chew on stuff. If I lived closer I'd appreciate using your pulp as compost. Bet the worms would frolic in it!