Honey

Thread: Honey

Default Honey

Got three new hives this early spring..Done so well, i processed 37 pints of honey...about 4 1/2 gallons of honey Was the lightest i have ever seen...Also the figs are getting ripe

Heretic FIGS? Did Someone Say FIGS?!?

Figs!!! When? Where! How much? Please sell a few to me, I'm beggin'!
    Last edited by islandvideo; 09-16-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Ask him nicely, IV, and he'll also give you some cuttings so you can start your own fig bushes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Beaver Lake off Mundell Rd, Eureka Springs

About a week ago, Fresh Market in Rogers was selling fresh figs that looked good. About a pint of figs for $4.00. I like to calculate how much my yard produces in a season. This was the summer of fungal diseases on everything except the figs.

Debbie

I have a fig plant, still in a pot. Got it last year with the intention if putting it the ground this year but I've decided to wait another year.

I'll check fresh mkt but I've discovered that if the figs aren't local, they've been picked early for shipping from wherever & figs don't really ripen after picking & they don't really taste as good as they should. They need to be local & picked when ripe so I'm jumping on the possibility of tasting some local figs when they are perfectly ripe.

As I said, I will pay. I don't want pounds, maybe just a pint or even less. I just want to taste a freakin ripe fig.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Default Thank You Mudcat!

Thanks so much for the figs, Ray. Iíve eaten probably 2/3 of the bag you gave me. Oh my goodness! SO good!

Enjoy your little week escape & I hope to see you again sometime after your return. It was a pleasure meeting you. Again, thank you so much!