ADA comes to City meetings - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: ADA comes to City meetings

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,690

    Default Projection??

    Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    View Lamont's take on the current City Councils actions in regards to ADA compliance and the move to meet them to date on this issue with caution.... His bombastic accusations and pious grand standing on all that is the current city government is tainted by personal motives.

    The motives of two in this town to create an 'emergency' to meet ADA instead of letting council meet the requirements with a long term solid solution was for what? It is and was obvious by the meetings of council in the past months that the ADA compliance was being addressed so this 'legal' threat and manipulation of not only the two citizens but several others was unfounded and over reaction.
    Ego on the part of the two citizens to create legal jeopardy for the city to not take immediate action is questionable in purpose? If it has not been addressed in over 20 years what difference does a couple months make when a permanent fiscal responsible solution was in the works?


    This is not a damning statement on the need to meet ADA, it is one addressing the ill conceived notion to not let the current council remedy the long standing situation. From the first request at public comments by a small group of ADA citizens this year to this council that council began addressing in a prudent and fiscal manner the request. The two noted in Lamont's post and a few others behind them pushed the issue to have council and all the Commission meetings jump to meet ADA for a few months before the permanent solution could be finalized. Why the rush now after 20 years? It was being addressed by this Mayor and Council and a time line was noted.
    "His bombastic accusations and pious grand standing on all that is the current city government is tainted by personal motives. "
    Mitchell, you have just given the best assessment of yourself I have seen.. couldn't have said it better myself. It's not Lamont you are seeing,
    it's your own reflection.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    "His bombastic accusations and pious grand standing on all that is the current city government is tainted by personal motives. "
    Mitchell, you have just given the best assessment of yourself I have seen.. couldn't have said it better myself. It's not Lamont you are seeing,
    it's your own reflection.
    I wondered how long it would take you to display your charm and wit... you don't disappoint but are consistent...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    7,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    I wondered how long it would take you to display your charm and wit... you don't disappoint but are consistent...
    ....and correct in his assessment of your pompous comments.
    Sent from my Dick Tracy, two-way, wrist radio.
    "Ride On"

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Isn't is time to stop paying rent to the County for a mold infested building?

    With the thousands we have paid to the County in rent, we, the City could have bought a motel, converted it and moved all of our offices into one level space, with adequate parking.

    This is the move Council needs to make.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patmatsukis View Post
    Isn't is time to stop paying rent to the County for a mold infested building?

    With the thousands we have paid to the County in rent, we, the City could have bought a motel, converted it and moved all of our offices into one level space, with adequate parking.

    This is the move Council needs to make.
    That is totally logical and if the Board of the Community Center would work out a good arrangement that might well work as City Hall/meeting facilities and still space left over for ? Will see how interested they are in working out a deal that has benefit for the City. Nice thought Pat lets see if it gains traction.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    The community center, cough cough, is a privately held corporation and answers to no one. Why should we pay rent again?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise
    Posts
    477

    Default

    The City Council has exhibited nothing but dysfunction & there's no reason to expect any action would be taken on this issue without legal action.

    And you seem to be describing yourself with that bit about ego...
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    View Lamont's take on the current City Councils actions in regards to ADA compliance and the move to meet them to date on this issue with caution.... His bombastic accusations and pious grand standing on all that is the current city government is tainted by personal motives.

    The motives of two in this town to create an 'emergency' to meet ADA instead of letting council meet the requirements with a long term solid solution was for what? It is and was obvious by the meetings of council in the past months that the ADA compliance was being addressed so this 'legal' threat and manipulation of not only the two citizens but several others was unfounded and over reaction.
    Ego on the part of the two citizens to create legal jeopardy for the city to not take immediate action is questionable in purpose? If it has not been addressed in over 20 years what difference does a couple months make when a permanent fiscal responsible solution was in the works?


    This is not a damning statement on the need to meet ADA, it is one addressing the ill conceived notion to not let the current council remedy the long standing situation. From the first request at public comments by a small group of ADA citizens this year to this council that council began addressing in a prudent and fiscal manner the request. The two noted in Lamont's post and a few others behind them pushed the issue to have council and all the Commission meetings jump to meet ADA for a few months before the permanent solution could be finalized. Why the rush now after 20 years? It was being addressed by this Mayor and Council and a time line was noted.
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    [QUOTE=patmatsukis;2398106]The community center, cough cough, is a privately held corporation and answers to no one. Why should we pay rent again

    Yes I know that and good point. Norris Street is to small to hold all of City Hall business in that one location and a meeting room for sure, a motel if small enough might work out if public areas meet needs.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    The Nazis’ First Victims Were the Disabled.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/o...ol-left-region

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    In My Pile of Stuff
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Don't air this dirty laundry in public. How dare you have an opinion.
    Don't you know you are addressing MR MITCHELL? He is beyond reproach, and has ALL the greatest answers for all our problems. Don't you know? NOBODY in this town was capable of thinking or making decisions before our savior arrived? He administered hospitals before he came here. You know how efficient and cost effective they are run.
    He thinks Disney is the ultimate business model.

    So shut up, put on your costume, smile and wave for the tourists. How silly of y'all to think you need to attend council meetings. Your opinions are worthless anyway.
    You can drop off your unused mirrors at city hall. I think Mitchell could use one.😉

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •