ADA comes to City meetings - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ADA comes to City meetings

My statements have been from the beginning consistent and I stand by them. There was no need or at least highly questionable need for 'immediate' and to read in the paper 'chocolate cake' just adds a new dimension to the issue. This council from day one of the request has been active in addressing the issue and to allow it to finalize the issue within 6 months was not inappropriate since no one pushed the issue for (27 years)

That is the core of all I have said and I stand on what I said and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    My statements have been from the beginning consistent and I stand by them. There was no need or at least highly questionable need for 'immediate' and to read in the paper 'chocolate cake' just adds a new dimension to the issue. This council from day one of the request has been active in addressing the issue and to allow it to finalize the issue within 6 months was not inappropriate since no one pushed the issue for (27 years)

That is the core of all I have said and I stand on what I said and will continue to do so.
    Saved before the edit...
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you think I give a shit about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post
    This council from day one of the request has been active in addressing the issue and to allow it to finalize the issue within 6 months was not inappropriate since no one pushed the issue for (27 years)
    The last time I remember posting about the ADA was years ago. Shalom was still alive. I don't remember the event, but he was weaving through downtown weekend traffic in his power chair to the auditorium, where he would be carried down the stairs to the basement. I thought that was a disgrace and still do. But then, why hurry?

I will combine comments from another totally unrelated thread that would fit equally well here:

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    We all moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    Why bitch? They always told me, "If you don't vote, don't bitch". Well, I voted, and then I bitched, and for all the good it did me I might as well tried to start a tidal wave by peeing in the ocean... But then again, where are we going to get the revenue we need for keeping this town alive? As my daddy used to say, "You've got to take the bitter with the sweet". I used to be disgusted........now I'm just amused. Happy trails.
    Maybe we should have a rubber stamp made. It's an all-purpose response.

Mitchell is no longer an audacious newbie, he's been here, what, 5 years? He has no idea how long ADA has been presented to Council. He has no idea how long benefits for same sex families was put there before it was adopted. What he does know is he was an expert bean counter in the disaster that is American health care on behalf of hospitals and therefore part of the problem for patients. Amazing he can take that as bragging rights to run our little world.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Amazing he can take that as bragging rights to run our little world.
    It feels as though he uses DtRump to pattern after as a political mouth-piece. Monkey-see-monkey-do in how to get attention and twist information, thinking that we're too stupid to see his game-plan and the way he is twisting talking-points in and out of the council seat. Thing is...... why? Is he attempting to garner enough backers to run for mayor? In that way, he is also reminding me of Tom Cotton gaining momentum to be well-known enough to run for POTUS.

Complete conjecture on my part. I'm just running with my wise, old gut talking to me.

Tell me, am I staying far enough off-topic to remain a true Geekfester? Oh man, how I try!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Mitchell is no longer an audacious newbie, he's been here, what, 5 years?
    But ... but .... but I was an interloper much longer than five years.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by local lurker View Post
    But ... but .... but I was an interloper much longer than five years.

Yes, but you were a fun interloper!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.